amazonaws ads causing problems for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
As title says, for some reason I'm having issues loading pages and it would show s3.amazonaws.com at the bottom while loading but somewhat locked up using Firefox. This didn't really start till a day or so ago so its not a new firefox update or flash that I can tell. Last time it happened or each time I believe was going from the Dish section to a thread itself.

Any one else seeing this?

not sure - all I know is something was causing firefox some issues which just happened in the last few days.

I, too have been experiencing some strange happenings with Satelliteguys going "crazy" at times with even a flashing cursor. I thought it was related to Flash crash reports. It's strange because it only seems to be affecting satelliteguys. My solution has been to shut down everything and reboot Firefox. I was going to send you an email, Scott but it has been pretty tame for the past 3 days.

In addition, my AV has been snagging quite a few of the amazon ads as "infected and high risk" which is what caught my eye to this thread recently. I use the paid version of AVG. It must have flagged 20 files in the past week and hadn't snagged any up until then this year.

You and dvrexpander are in the same geographic area and because of that you could be getting served by the same cloud server that was having an issue. (We don't control those servers)

The other issue was Viglink was incorrectly flagged as bad this weekend which caused some issues. The security companies quickly fixed that one. :)

Not to muddy the waters, but I've had Firefox actually crash and close down twice in the last week or so, ever since the last FF update. I'm using FirefoxESR 24.3.0 and Salix Linux 64 bit. Firefox almost never crashed for me in the past, but this new update may have several unknown issues.

Yeah, I've had a few crashes myself. Thankfully it always recovers, because I have a couple hundred tabs open.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have had beau-coup problems with FF updates lately. And they've been coming so fast, the extension writers have a hard keeping up, if at all. Tempted to try Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts