AMC hd question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

minkbarn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I'm new to hd, so I'm probably asking a question that is common knowledge:

How come Dish does not yet provide AMC in hd? It seems sort of on par with USA, TNT, TBS, Spike etc., all of which are available on Dish in hd.

Is there some sort of legal conflict or something?

This is not a criticism, as they have been rolling out hd channels at a fast pace. I was just wondering.

I'm new to hd, so I'm probably asking a question that is common knowledge:

How come Dish does not yet provide AMC in hd? It seems sort of on par with USA, TNT, TBS, Spike etc., all of which are available on Dish in hd.

Is there some sort of legal conflict or something?

This is not a criticism, as they have been rolling out hd channels at a fast pace. I was just wondering.

Yes, DISH and Rainbow (provider of AMC, IFC) are in a legal tangle right now.

Any news on this lawsuit? I don't suppose there is any chance we will see AMC HD in time for Breaking Bad re-runs starting in late July.

Any news on this lawsuit? I don't suppose there is any chance we will see AMC HD in time for Breaking Bad re-runs starting in late July.
The lawsuit is between VOOM (aka Cablevision/Rainbow Media) and EchoStar (aka Dish Network) and involved a breach of contract claim involving the VOOM HD channels. The case was originally filed in Jan '08 and both parties filed for Summary Judgment back in May 2010 and both parties will present their case to the Judge in the next month or two. Both parties have literally filed thousands of pages of artifacts (accounting records, agreements, depositions, emails, etc.) that have been posted on the New York Supreme Court website, but thousands of pages of more exhibits are merely listed by title and withdrawn for their sensitivity (trade secrets, PII, etc.)

Regardless, you will not see AMC HD on Dish Network until the aforementioned alleged breach of contract is resolved through the courts.

Even without lawsuits, the price to carry any HD channel has to be one Charlie is willing to pay. So, most often, it is all about negotiations, leverage, and cost to Dish or any other provider such as cable, DirecTV, etc.

I don't believe that AMC HD is available with DIRECTV either. But if anyone is missing Disney hd ,Abc family , Espn news they do have those ,at a much higher cost per programming pack.

In the year 2021. :angel:
I don't hold-out much hope for a Summary Judgment in July/August, but all the e-Discovery and depositions (including expert witnesses) has been taken over the past two years so the court is ready to schedule this for trial later this fall...assuming this matter is not resolve over the summer. Unlike the Tivo case this matter involves a simple (or not so simple) breach of contract which, according to both parties, should be resolved after a 2-3 court trial. Sure, both parties could appeal the verdict but, unlike the Tivo case, the matter should be quickly resolved due to other business relationships involved. Then again the year 2021 may not be too far off...

I don't hold-out much hope for a Summary Judgment in July/August, but all the e-Discovery and depositions (including expert witnesses) has been taken over the past two years so the court is ready to schedule this for trial later this fall...assuming this matter is not resolve over the summer. Unlike the Tivo case this matter involves a simple (or not so simple) breach of contract which, according to both parties, should be resolved after a 2-3 court trial. Sure, both parties could appeal the verdict but, unlike the Tivo case, the matter should be quickly resolved due to other business relationships involved. Then again the year 2021 may not be too far off...

Everything happens then doesn't it? :D

AMCHD news?

I know this was a topic before... and i did a search but there is no new news on AMCHD? Anyone?

I know this was a topic before... and i did a search but there is no new news on AMCHD? Anyone?

I would not expect it anytime soon. AMC is owned by Rainbow Media. E* is not on good terms with Rainbow Media due to dropping the Voom HD channels (Animania HD, Equator HD, Family Room HD, Film Fest HD, Gallery HD, GamePlay HD, HD News, Kung Fu HD, Monsters HD, Rave HD, Rush HD, Treasure HD, UltraHD, VOOM HD Movies. and World Sport HD) in 2008. So, I would not expect AMC HD anytime soon. However, if they were to come to an agreement, I would not mind at all. I think it is a shame that E* and Rainbow Media could not come to an agreement for all of these Voom HD channels or at least some of them like Monsters HD. Rainbow Media also owns IFC (Independent Film Channel), Sundance Channel, We TV, and Wedding Central. Therefore, I would not expect to see those coming to E* anytime soon either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts