AMC+ linear channel 557?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
I see an AMC+ linear channel is in test mode on channel 557? Will it be a linear streaming channel like Cheddar/Tastemade or a regular satellite channel? Why would they create a linear version of what is a streaming service? It's like Disney+/Netflix creating a linear channel on satellite/cable?

It is a real linear channel being added. As for why, with satellite customers slanting more and more rural as people in cities cut the cord there is probably a decent percentage of Directv's customers who don't have good/cheap enough internet for streaming. So adding a channel for it might make sense from that perspective.

Being a purely streaming channel surely lessens a huge amout the amount of people even able to access streaming only channels like Tastemade/Cheddar. These channels are niche enough as it is. You'd think they would want to be on a platform to get the most eyeballs available (satellite delivered). It's not like DirecTV is short on bandwidth.

Reactions: ejb1980
It is a real linear channel being added. As for why, with satellite customers slanting more and more rural as people in cities cut the cord there is probably a decent percentage of Directv's customers who don't have good/cheap enough internet for streaming. So adding a channel for it might make sense from that perspective.
I would love a real channel for all streaming services that airs their original content, and other from their exclusive selection as filler. I won't hold my breath. I could stream them just fine, but they would be SO much more convenient on Directv, in my humble opinion.

amc+ now on Directv 557 and 1557, $6.99 month
AMC+ features the best of AMC, IFC, and SundanceTV, plus the premier collections of Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited, all commercial-free. May only be accessed on internet-connected HD-DVR, DIRECTV.com and the DIRECTV app. Subscription not valid for streaming using the provider app or website.

Don't like how Directv is now allowing access via the providers apps but only on Directv on demand

Reactions: longhorn23

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)