AMC+ now available with its own app

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Just found this today. The advantage of subscribing direct with AMC+ is they have an annual deal. Just a little less than $60/year instead of the $8.99 as a monthly.
App available for AppleTV, Roku in their app stores. The app is also available for FireTV but it isn’t in the App Store yet. Go to amazon.com, search on AMC+ app and have it ‘delivered’ to your FireTV device.
AMC+ gives you ad free AMC, IFC, Shudder, Sundance shows as well as a live feed of the respective channels.

YouTubeTV has AMC+ for $6.99/mo. So, going direct is still a bit cheaper.

Yeah, going direct is the cheapest way. The downside for some is that there is no app for AndroidTV yet, just FireTV, Roku and AppleTV.

I got the app for iPad and it works fine but doesn’t support Chromecast or AirPlay. Then I got the app for an Android phone but it only comes up to the splash screen and never actually works.

Yeah, going direct is the cheapest way. The downside for some is that there is no app for AndroidTV yet, just FireTV, Roku and AppleTV.

I got the app for iPad and it works fine but doesn’t support Chromecast or AirPlay. Then I got the app for an Android phone but it only comes up to the splash screen and never actually works.
I cancelled before they charged me for the year. It's not worth it. It doesn't even have all seasons of The Walking Dead. I'm not paying that much just to see the episodes early. I can wait until Sunday.

I cancelled before they charged me for the year. It's not worth it. It doesn't even have all seasons of The Walking Dead. I'm not paying that much just to see the episodes early. I can wait until Sunday.

I got burned out on the Walking Dead quite awhile ago. But I’ve found so many good shows and movies on the AMC+ service that I think it is worth the $5/month I’m paying.

Reactions: mackie99
Just found this today. The advantage of subscribing direct with AMC+ is they have an annual deal. Just a little less than $60/year instead of the $8.99 as a monthly.
It's weird that their website doesn't tell you how much it costs to subscribe directly. Apparently you have to create an account first in order to see the pricing ($8.99/mo or $60/yr)? They're not going to get many sign-ups that way.

In the FAQ, it just says "How much does AMC+ cost? Visit your preferred provider's website for pricing." It's like they haven't fully updated their site to reflect the fact that the service is now available directly from them. Maybe they're trying to be coy given that pricing varies so much depending on how you sign up. It does make sense that it would cost less if you're adding it to a cable channel package that already includes the AMC channels versus buying it as a standalone thing. Still though, they're going to have to clearly state their pricing up-front if they want cord-cutters to sign up directly through them.

One thing they need to change is NOT being able to change subscriptions (yearly / monthly / cancel) online. You have to email them to make any changes. Who does that in this day and age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)