AMC-Roku-Streaming Video

jbrelish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
With Dish dropping AMC networks and you know there will be more contract disputes in the future, let me put this question to the forum.
What if Dish were to incorporate a streaming video box capability in its future receivers? Like a Roku, Boxee, Apple TV, etc. But have it as a capability that the Dish customer could have without having to buy an outside box that does not match up with our receivers.

It would keep Dish customers with a widened entertainment base. I watch things on my Roku that I presently do not see on Dish nor do I see it offered on DirectTV.

So just asking what you think and is it possible.

Seeing that the Hopper can now access Pandora, It's certainly possible. Bandwidth is the limit, but Charlie has been buying it up.

Last edited:
Also, with DirecTV dropping the Viacom channels (Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and 14 other Viacom channels,) now you have to choose between AMC or Viacom. On top of that, Viacom has pulled their online content, so there is no option to view Viacom content online either, unlike with the AMC dispute.

It has been reported and confirmed by Egran himself that Charlie is trying to put together a TV service that would be accessible on-line, via internet exclusively. It would be like Dish, but a separate MVPD service available only via internet. Similar ventures would be Apple TV, etc. However, the planned Ergan on-line service would NOT include any RSN's, and quite possibly NO SPORTS channels at all. Ergan is attempting to create a new service that would have greatly reduced programming costs and, therefore, lower subscriptions rates ti serve a significant number if people who don't watch any of the sports channels although they are part of the package the subscriber pays for.

One good example, but not completely ready for prime time, example is Dish World, an IP service that you access via broadband internet using a Dish World box or Roku. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts