America HD Packages

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I saw on my online account that I can now change my base package to one of the new America HD packages, but have a few questions since I see nothing mentioned about it on the Dish Network website.

1) Is this simply the old "Turbo HD packages"?
2) If so, are the America HD packages missing some of the HD channels like the old Turbo HD packages?
3) Does anybody have a list of channels currently available within the America HD packages?
4) Has anyone switched over to one of these new packages?

Now wait a minute I just realized that these HD channels are now included FREE within the top america packages with a 2yr committment or $99. So, why would anyone switch to one of the America HD packages?

I have HD Absolute and was thinking about changing to a package that includes my RSN. If I am remembering correctly TurboHD Bronze (which I assume is now Dish America) did not have the RSN but silver and gold did. If I choose the option it says my RSN will be included with all the options except top 120, can anybody confirm if I will get it with Dish America (base) or if it is just a mistake on the website?

If you google for DISH AMERICA GOLD you will get a list of channels BUT at least one of them that has the Dish logo on it is wrong. For Gold it shows ch205 is Fox News HD but that is not part of the package. I had switched to that and complained to CSR's that I was not getting 205 and they said it was not included in ANY of the Dish America packages and I would need at least Top 200 to get it.

Problem for HD for life still is there is no way to commit to 24-months or pay $99

I have to find out if gold has Versus and I will switch back to that.

I saw on my online account that I can now change my base package to one of the new America HD packages, but have a few questions since I see nothing mentioned about it on the Dish Network website.

2) If so, are the America HD packages missing some of the HD channels like the old Turbo HD packages?
3) Does anybody have a list of channels currently available within the America HD packages?

I looked on my online account, and am not finding anywhere on it the option to change the America HD packages.

1. Yes Dish America is the renamed old Turbo HD packages.
2. Still missing channels: Fox News, Fox Business, Speed, FX, MTV, VH1, Nick, BET, MSNBC, and all HD channels added in the past year or so.
3. there is a list generated back in 2009. You'll have to search for it.
4. Of course. Why would you think not?

Because they might be less expensive, depending on which HD channels you're looking for. For example, if I wanted Versus HD, I can get it in DA Gold for $54.99 or in AT250 for $64.99

This is what I was thinking. I could get channels like DIY HD, BIO HD, etc without having the top 250 package like you said. I just wish Dish offered more information on these package so people knew exactly what they were getting.

I looked on my online account, and am not finding anywhere on it the option to change the America HD packages.

Attached image of HD packages:

Attachments

• dishnetwork.JPG
    dishnetwork.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 226
I have HD Absolute and was thinking about changing to a package that includes my RSN. If I am remembering correctly TurboHD Bronze (which I assume is now Dish America) did not have the RSN but silver and gold did. If I choose the option it says my RSN will be included with all the options except top 120, can anybody confirm if I will get it with Dish America (base) or if it is just a mistake on the website?

I have Absolute and my page now says a could add "Multi Sport" for $7. Don't know if I can or not but it's now on the page. When you click for "more info" it says it is available for $5.99 with qualifing packages, so I don't know what it really means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)