American Idol signal loss?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

a2zvisa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Visalia, Ca
I was wondering if anyone else lost their FOX signal during American Idol last night (Jan 6)? I am in the Fresno, Ca. (specifically Visalia, CA) market. I was depending on PT to watch it later. After watching a few minutes, I received a yellow screen and then a slate explaining NOT to call them! The entire program was lost including the one hour news following it. I have attached a couple of photos. Some of my friends who are non DISH subscribers told me that their service was uninterrupted (Comcast, DTV).
IMG_0897.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG

Be aware that notice can happen if you lose the signal to the satellite, not necessarily DISH losing the signal from the local. Check your signal strength especially on that transponder. Any chance you have tree/limb that is close to blocking the signal?

Be aware that notice can happen if you lose the signal to the satellite, not necessarily DISH losing the signal from the local. Check your signal strength especially on that transponder. Any chance you have tree/limb that is close to blocking the signal?
Well, it was my local FOX affiliate that this happened to. The PTAT recorded the other three networks fine as well. No trees in the area of the dish.

Yes, if the three other networks recorded it wouldn't be a blockage on your end. I'm surprised I don't see other posts if DISH did lose the signal last night.

This happened to me.. I also live in Fresno, CA.

Last night (Jan 6th) I was only able to see the first 10 minutes of American Idol(Fox KMPH OTA) from my 722k DVR before it cut short. No yellow screen.

Tonight, American Idol was showing a yellow screen on Fox OTA.

That had to be a local station problem. No one else has noted any problem. We saw both last night's and tonight's "American Idol" shows with no problems at all here in San Francisco on KTVU Fox 2. Tonight much of the show was the San Francisco auditions.

I have had CBS shows do the yellow screen a couple of times while the other three PTAT feeds were fine.

Well, I can promise you didn't miss anything of value with American Idol going to black screen. Just a lot of screeching and crying , and that is mostly from the judges. The contestants can be almost as bad.:nana

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)