American Idol Tour 2009

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
FYI, for those interested the Idol Tour tickets went on sale 15 minutes ago (10am central) today.

We decided to give it a try this summer, got tickets for the show in St. Louis on August 29th. About $80 per ticket after fees from Ticketmaster.

I wonder if those that were on American Idol that are on this tour will get any decent money for performing.

I wonder if those that were on American Idol that are on this tour will get any decent money for performing.

At $67/ticket before fees, I hope so. I think it will be a fun show. We are going to two concerts this summer, and they could not be any different -- American Idol, and Green Day. :D

Saw the Idols Tour 2009 last night in St. Louis. It was an enjoyable concert.

They basically did a count-down, starting with the Idol theme music, and then introducing #10, the oil rig guy. He did two songs; and then everyone through #6 did two songs each. I particularly enjoyed Scott (the blind kid)'s performance. He was on the piano, and joked with the audience. Once they got to #5 (Girard) they let him do 3 songs(I think #6 did 3 too, but can't remember). Then they did a ensemble piece for the first six. Matt and Scott did a dueling piano thing which was pretty cool. Indeed, Matt impressed me a lot. He is one talented kid.

During the intermission (largely to give the band a break), they ran the Idols Ford commercials, and also ran former Idol music videos (Daughtry, David Cook, Carrie Underwood); there was some sort of text to a trivia contest to win backstage passes for after the show, but it was a premium text message, so I didn't try it.

The second half was amazing. They started with Allison, and boy did she rock. The woman was amazing, and had the house on their feet. Then came Danny. I am not big into his music, but he also did well, and had the crowd going. The house absolutely erupted when Adam came on (indeed, anytime his face was shown - during the intermission in commercials; or in the intro video sequence starting the show, there was huge applause. They probably let the intensity build for a minute, with a dark stage when it was Adam's turn to come on stage.

Adam did 4 songs; one with Allison - which was spectacular. The whole place was screaming. I have to admit I had not been to a show where the crowd was so hyper and engaged in a long time. Adam was, without a doubt, the star of the show.

Finally, it was Kris' turn. He got his fair share of screams, and the crowd was excited for him, but it was - not surprisingly - anti-climactic. He got to perform 5 songs, and while there was energy, it just was not like it was with Adam. That said, after an amazing rock performance, it was hard to come out with an acoustic guitar. He did one song with the acoustic, then did a second one with a les paul. That surprised me - he can play the electric well; and I enjoyed that. THEn he switched entirely to piano for 2 songs; again, the tempo was slow - and it just did not fit the buildup that there had been. Finally, there was an ensemble piece by all 10. That was a lot of fun.

The show started around 7:10, and ended just before 10pm. It was a lot of music; and was really enjoyable. It truly felt like you were at American Idol, watching the show. If next season's cast is as talented as this year's, I'd consider going again.

I know there is a mix of people here who think Adam is or is not talented, but all I can say after watching that performance live is that he will have an incrediblly bright future. The guy really was awesome. I also think Kris will do better than I expected (assuming some of the stuff he played is on his forthcoming CD - I recognized none of it), it was a good mix of stuff.

Yes the "oil rig guy" is from my area of southeast Texas. He is from Jasper,Tx about 60 miles from me.

I guess I could have called him a former roughneck. :)

Now I remember his name: Michael Sarver. I was drawing a blank last night (and apparently was too lazy to do a google search). He did a good job opening the show. He seemed comfortable with his role, and seemed to be enjoying himself.

I remember now that they also had Anoop do 3 songs. He did not wow me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts