Americas Everything Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
It says it includes locals ( so no 5.99 charge for locals?)...so right now I have the America Top 250 + HD + Locals + The sports pack = 91.00 a month. Does AEP include the sports channels as well?

Unfortunately, no!

I believe Dish does a huge disservice to excellent customers by NOT including the sports pack in "America's Everything" pack. Shouldn't the sports pack be part of "everything???!!!"

AEP is a marketing ploy. It does not have a lot. If one thinks of everything it would be a lot more. But, sports pack and HD would be resonable, but incorrect, assumptions by a new customer.

The title of "America's Everything Pack" is an anachronism. It was quite accurate in the very early years of Dish Network when they had about 40 channels and grew to perhaps a hundred and before Dish bought Kelly Television for all its international channels business.

However, from Dish's view, I suppose, one is supposed to think of the most common and desired channels in America: all the "cable" channels and all the premium movie channels. The vast majority of subs don't want all the RSN's, even though they know they can get them, they just don't want to pay the extra $5 per month, nor do the vast majority of Dish subs pay for the international services nor just about any other services outside what is on channels 2-400. All those other services are considered "value added" channels.

But the point made is correct: "Everything Pack" doesn't really mean "Everything." One still has to pay up for Baby TV, for example. Perhaps a new name or something more accurate should be considered for the Everything Pack.

The title of "America's Everything Pack" is an anachronism. It was quite accurate in the very early years of Dish Network when they had about 40 channels and grew to perhaps a hundred and before Dish bought Kelly Television for all its international channels business.

However, from Dish's view, I suppose, one is supposed to think of the most common and desired channels in America: all the "cable" channels and all the premium movie channels. The vast majority of subs don't want all the RSN's, even though they know they can get them, they just don't want to pay the extra $5 per month, nor do the vast majority of Dish subs pay for the international services nor just about any other services outside what is on channels 2-400. All those other services are considered "value added" channels.

But the point made is correct: "Everything Pack" doesn't really mean "Everything." One still has to pay up for Baby TV, for example. Perhaps a new name or something more accurate should be considered for the Everything Pack.

I would agree....Maybe the "Movie Lovers" package, seeing the focus is on all the preimum movie channels.

It says it includes locals ( so no 5.99 charge for locals?)...so right now I have the America Top 250 + HD + Locals + The sports pack = 91.00 a month. Does AEP include the sports channels as well?

America's Everything package includes the sports channels you are supposed to receive for your area.
Think I receive about 4,to have more sports channels you need the sports package.;)

I believe Dish does a huge disservice to excellent customers by NOT including the sports pack in "America's Everything" pack. Shouldn't the sports pack be part of "everything???!!!"

If all the sports channels were included you would have DirecTV's Premier package where you can't opt out of the sports channels and the price is higher.:eek:

Dish gives you a choice with their America's Everything package you want HD? you add it for an additional fee.You want more sports? you add it for an additional fee.

Dish's America's Everything package has their great selection of basic channels and Premium channels in standard definition which is why I subscribe to America's Everything package.:D

And being cheaper than the other guys doesn't hurt either.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)