AMIKO Amiko A3: No video after bootup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all I'm aligning a new C band dish, and saving positions into an ASC1. I've worked my way from 137W down to 97W and then had an issue with the A3. The A3 seems to boot normally (video looks ok) but after bootup I have a black screen.

Any ideas? I probably shouldn't do a factory reset??

Thanks,
Al, K7AR

If after several reboots it does not recover you will have no choice.
What I have found with this receiver is that after several blind scans in a row it gets corrupted. My guess is the Blind scan app has a very bad memory leak. Also since it is is saving as it is going a simple reboot does not clear it. :(
If after several reboots it does not recover you will have to hold the front panel button in while applying power. Continue to hold until you are presented with a menu.
From there you can try to wipe the cache and such to see if that fixes it. If not you will have to repeat and wipe everything. Then use your most recent backup to restore, everything like it was at that time.
I have found if I am going to do a lot of blind scanning to back up every third or forth scan. Most of the time also, if I reboot the box every third or fourth scan I am usually fine. Every few months though I have to reset and recover.
If I don't blind scan I can go forever and no issues.
It is a sad truth from a great receiver. Since this receiver is no longer supported with new firmware, one has to deal with it, if they want to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts