Amiko Alien 2 activation

This is ridiculous; I note they still haven't replied to your post. If they still haven't replied by the end of the day, you could try using their Customer Tech Support page and submit your request that way. Although, it does say this at the top of that page:
Please note that free private technical support is only provided for products you purchased directly from us. We will not assist you with products purchased elsewhere or for any system involving WSI products.
I have no idea if that would apply to a receiver you purchased through one of their authorized distributors or not, but it's worth a shot. Do let us know the outcome, please.

I posted to the Fridge at the same time I posted here. I have also emailed the Canadian dealer, and submitted my problem, including device ID to the Contact Us on the Amiko NorthAmerican page. I've heard nothing back.

I didn't even care too much that it was supposed to come with an Avenger PLL322S-2, but didn't.

I'm pretty disappointed in Amiko North America. I've had this thing a week and its still not activated. Please note that the activation instructions only say it takes 2 minutes. The final screen says up to 48hrs

Here's hoping they get it going soon! Thanks for all your input and support.

Try the Customer Tech Support page I mentioned above, and give them a few more days, but if push comes to shove, there is always the nuclear option: A chargeback on your credit card (the basis being that you did not get everything you paid for, and that the receiver doesn't deliver full functionality without the activation). You may wind up having to return it, though if it were me I'd want the seller to issue a pickup label so you aren't stuck paying the return shipping. This is not a step I'd take lightly but if they continue to stonewall you, it might be the only way to get their attention. And if they still don't respond to you or to the credit card company, you might wind up getting your partially-functional receiver for free, if that's worth anything to you.

I would certainly HOPE it does not come to that, though. If this is the level of service customers get when buying from "legitimate" dealers, it is any wonder that some people don't see any reason to avoid the clones sold on fleabay?

EDIT: When I wrote the above I (and everyone else on here) was unaware that Joe at FridgeFTA was sick with a kidney infection, otherwise I would I would not have been so critical of the level of service. See my later post.

Last edited:
Guys...

I am not trying to make excuses or anything.. in fact I am getting concerned. Joe the guy who is behind Amiko Ameria and Fridge FTA is the guy who does these activations and takes care of these issues is MIA. And by MIA means we are getting concerned about him, so concerned that we are thinking we might have to call the Police and have them do a welfare check to make sure he is ok. I have been contacted by a few folks tonight concerned for him as well.

For those who know Joe, you know the guy never sleeps. If you email him you normally have a reply back from him in a matter of moments. The last email I got from Joe was early Friday morning at around 3am Eastern Time. As far as I know this is the last time anyone has heard from him, in fact it appears that he has not been online to his own forum at FridgeFTA since then.

If anyone knows how to contact Joe please try to get a hold of him and let him know we are worried or has been in contact with him please let us know. We have only his published contact info.

Thanks.

I would bet he is sick. I just sent him a txt message.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Did you get a reply?

No. I hope he's ok. I'm going to start the norm calling hospitals and searching police records.

Called with no luck.

Regions Hospital
River Falls Area Hospital
St John's Hospital
Univ of Minnesota Medical Ctr
St Joseph's Hospital
Fairview Ridges Hospital

If he is sick I hope he gets better soon. That possibility is one reason I suggested waiting a few more days.

Another possibility is that something may have happened to his Internet connection and that in this miserable cold winter they are having difficulty fixing it. I doubt that he personally hosts his forum and site at home, so they would still be up, but he may be unable to connect to them. Although, if he has a newer wireless phone with a web browser built in, it would be strange that he has not logged into his forum and at least left some kind of notice that he might be down for a few days, or that he hasn't yet made a trip to the local library to post a message. But then again, if his provider were stringing him along, every day telling him it will be fixed sometime "today" and then failing to make an appearance, he might have thought the problem would be fixed by now.

But let's just hope it's something of a temporary nature, and that he'll be back soon.

Good to hear he is alive and kicking... well at least alive. :)

Jen is taking care of the store, but I don't know if she knows how to activate devices. Lets hope Joe gets vertical soon!

Yes good to hear!!! Now get better Joe, those things suck!

Very glad to hear he's still with us. I guess that's the peril of running what is essentially a one-person operation; when that one person is sick or temporarily disabled, most of the operation pretty much grinds to a halt, and if people don't know why things are not happening they can start to get worried, and sometimes assume the worst (especially given the current economic client). Had we known he was sick, especially with something as painful as a kidney infection, I'm sure some of the comments (and definitely mine) would have been less critical and more forgiving of the delay.

Anyway, I wish Joe a speedy recovery and hope he'll be back on his feet soon!

I'm sure joe would employ people if he could. But the fta market is super small in the states unless your in a niche like glorystar. For example Casey at hyper is closed till feb 12th. You would need to be shipping at least 150 packages a day before bringing someone on to help in my view.

I'm sure joe would employ people if he could. But the fta market is super small in the states unless your in a niche like glorystar. For example Casey at hyper is closed till feb 12th. You would need to be shipping at least 150 packages a day before bringing someone on to help in my view.

I wasn't suggesting he should hire more people. I agree that would be cost prohibitive. It's just that on the web, everyone tries to look like a big operation. It's like the companies that put an auto-attendant on their phone systems and when you call they tell you to press 1 for sales 2 for service and so on, and in reality all the calls go to the same guy. On the web (and in the physical world), most small businesses try to appear they are larger than they really are, and the only drawback to that is that if it's really only one guy and he gets sick, goes on vacation, etc. customers just don't understand why they suddenly aren't getting any support. Sometimes I think it would be better if such businesses would be upfront with customers about the size of their operation, but then you'd always have that certain category of customer that says "I'm not going to deal with someone operating out of his garage", even if that "someone" has been in business for many years and has a good reputation otherwise.

I've been to the FridgeFTA site a few times and while I figured out pretty quickly that they aren't the biggest operation out there, I never thought for a second that it was really only one guy, with his wife helping him. Not until I read the more recent messages in this thread, that is. My previous posts would have had a different slant had I realized that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)