AMIKO Amiko Mini - Goto X function

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

swyman18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Honoka'a, HI
Does anyone know if the Amiko mini supports the GotoX function where you can tell it to drive the motor to a specific position number that has been previously stored in the motor from another STB or meter?

Most STB’s have this option under the DiSEqC 1.2 section, but I can’t seem to find it on the Amiko.

Thanks.

In the satellite installation menu:

• Arrow down to Positioner
  • Arrow over to display DiSEqC 1.2
  • Press OK on the remote :)

Also works for USALS...pressing OK to enter Lat and Long.

Yes, thanks. :)

What I’m looking for is the Goto X function within the DiSEqC 1.2 area. Normally it goes along with the Goto Reference option.

Basically it just allows you to drive the motor to one of the positions that is already stored in the motor, without actually saving anything.

Here is an example where I have found the function useful.

I will use the DiSEqC 1.2 commands on my GTMedia meter finder out at the dish to dial in one sat and store that into position 1.
Then do the same for a couple more sats and store in positions 2 and 3.
For weaker transponders, I find the diagnostics screen on my GTMedia meter better for peaking exactly where I want.

Now that I have positions 1, 2 and 3 saved exactly where I want in the motor, I hook up the STB and I want to save those exact positions into the DiSEqC 1.2 setup. So I would use the Goto X function to drive the motor to position 1. The motor moves the dish to position 1 that was previously stored into the motor by the meter. Then I can save that as position 1 on the STB.

Then, I would use the GotoX function to drive the motor to position 2 that was previously stored by the meter. Then save that as position 2 on the STB.

Repeat for position 3, and so forth.

It’s not a huge deal, obviously there are other ways to do it. If I want to use my meter to peak the signal using DiSEqC 1.2 and store a position, I would just need to immediately hook up the STB afterwards and save that position and make sure the dish does not move before saving.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there was some screen I was missing on the Mini where that GotoX function resides, but I’m thinking it doesn’t have it. Not a big deal, it’s still a great little STB!

Thanks!

The more I think about it, I could probably save the position numbers in the Amiko ahead of time even if the motor is not where I want it to be for each.

Then use the meter to peak and store those same position numbers in the motor. Then theoretically it should be all good, since the Amiko will already have the position numbers saved in the setup and it will drive the motor to the correct locations.

Hmm, much easier that way I guess. :)

But the GotoX function is handy if you already have a bunch of positions stored in the motor and you get a new STB and you want to save those without risking messing up those previously stored positions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)