Amiko Mini HD - Stream Over Internet - No Time Delay

diddlydo3

Original poster
Aug 10, 2015
UK
Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I was told to create a thread here and that i could find help :)

I have a Amiko Mini HD and my objective is to stream it over the internet is one thing, and the other would be with no time delay... hoping thats actually possible.

Really really appretiate any help, so thank you!!!

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I was told to create a thread here and that i could find help :)

I have a Amiko Mini HD and my objective is to stream it over the internet is one thing, and the other would be with no time delay... hoping thats actually possible.

Really really appretiate any help, so thank you!!!

If you want to actually stream it out over the internet for others to view then not even sure if that would be legal. If you just want to watch it on your own network then you might want to try this thread (http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/345481/). Sat2IP was written for the Amiko Mini HD SE so not sure if it will work for the Amiko Mini HD but worth checking. :)

This is for my own use, and my use ONLY.
So does anyone know how this can be done.... please :) There must be someone!

Thanks

I heard that the slingbox will cause a few seconds delay. meaning, if im watching live sports... it will cause a few seconds delay which im trying to avoid.
So i think the best way to avoid any streaming delay is to connect to the Amiko directly.

I wish iBoston could help me as he seems to have done it on the SE version..... but im no tech expert to follow the instructions :(

Thanks guys

The Slingbox will have no more delay than any other non-commercial streaming device over the Internet. The encoding or ts/ps serving on any will device introduce a slight delay. I am not aware of any consumer level device / system capable of even LAN sharing without some processing delays.

The MINI HD SE has the ability to activate streaming server function in the firmware via the GUI. I do not believe the mini HD has this server function in the firmware. Without the server and GUI menu enabling, the STB does not stream.

You might consider purchasing the $88 mini HD SE for this streaming function.

Thinking outside the box here, I remember many years back using a video chat program, in this case it was MSMessenger, and selecting my DVBS tuner as the capture device instead of the webcam. I was streaming to a friend in Florida and it actually worked for the most part. :) But I have a SlingBox now. The delay is way less than the delay in normal broadcasting anyway. If you want to see delay, pull up a stadium sports feed on your FTA system and watch the broadcast from the TV provider. It can be a minute or more.

Thanks guys for trying to help.

Titanium: Need to make clear that im trying to achieve(If Possible) 0seconds delay.
So my guess is the method that streams directly from the box will more than likely achieve this, rather than having a program in between which is likely to cause few seconds delay.
I could get the SE version no problem, but would want to be sure 1. Someone here can help me get it all setup(Il pay for the service). 2. 0 Seconds Delay.

Magic Static: haha i remember something like that. However i can currently watch whats on the box via teamviwwer which is basically 0 seconds delay(perfect) however i want to stream it directly from the box, and not have to watch it through another PC(DVB software)

Thanks

This is less about the choice of a receiver with a streaming server and more about trying to stream raw data on gear not optimized for transport in public Internet traffic.

Depending on the bandwidth of the channel being streamed, you would likely require broadband service at the streaming site with a minimum of 3-5meg continuous upload speed for SD and 10-50meg sustained upload for HD. This is a raw and uncompressed transport stream not optimized for delivery via public internet. In fact, these feeds often task even a LAN!!

On public internet with consumer gear, live "0" delay is not possible as the multiple hops will introduce errors and buffering will often be significant. I run 45meg HD program streams 1/2 mile between my office and home using a private point to point Ubiquiti link. Even it has bandwidth issues on some HD channels if there is any terrestrial interference to my link.

What you wish to do is possible on a private network, but will not likely be possible via the public internet.

Your best bet is to use a streaming device that compresses the raw data and is optimized for transport on the public Internet. Slingbox is significantly the least expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts