Attachments

• 20221230_104836.jpg
    20221230_104836.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20221230_104845.jpg
    20221230_104845.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: N6BY
johan See the area I circled in red? I would focus on that, as it seems "off" to me. Perhaps replacing the electrolytic capacitor, and what seems to be a power regulator chip. At least have it checked for proper voltages, etc.
20221230_104836.jpg

I see nothing wrong with that capacitor. In either picture. You have power to the board, so it is the capacitor and that 5 amp diode are fine.
My guess is the the main chip has an issue, so it is not able to be repaired. If you got it back from Amiko saying it is not able to be repaired, I think you need to start looking for a new one. They have a good repair department.
Can it be repaired, sure anything can be, as long as parts are available to you and you have have proper equipment to work on SMT parts. As well as experience with electronics and repair of them. Sure, they probably COULD have repaired it, but by the time you pay labor and parts....your are better off getting a new one.

Look for capacitors that are bulging at the top. If they are, they should be replaced. But you need to look at them from the side to see it. Any sign of deviation from a perfectly flat top could indicate it's bad.

There is one that looks different. I circled it in red. Might want to take a look at it sideways.

boardtop.jpg

I see nothing wrong with that capacitor. In either picture. You have power to the board, so it is the capacitor and that 5 amp diode are fine.
My guess is the the main chip has an issue, so it is not able to be repaired. If you got it back from Amiko saying it is not able to be repaired, I think you need to start looking for a new one. They have a good repair department.
Can it be repaired, sure anything can be, as long as parts are available to you and you have have proper equipment to work on SMT parts. As well as experience with electronics and repair of them. Sure, they probably COULD have repaired it, but by the time you pay labor and parts....your are better off getting a new one.
Which is the main chip in the picture.

Mvg

Look for capacitors that are bulging at the top. If they are, they should be replaced. But you need to look at them from the side to see it. Any sign of deviation from a perfectly flat top could indicate it's bad.

There is one that looks different. I circled it in red. Might want to take a look at it sideways.

View attachment 160129
Okay,
will watch.