Amiko post adress ?!

johan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
holland
I'm looking for Amiko's contact address.
Amiko makes receivers but also measuring instruments. And that's what the measuring instrument is all about. Have already tried everything on their site, but can't send anything. Who knows what to do

Hello members.
have a problem with an Amiko XFinder. as soon as or when I start it up I get to see the text: no signal and nothing else happens. it doesn't start up normally, and can't go into the menu or whatever, who knows what to do?!?

Best regards

Hello members.
have a problem with an Amiko XFinder. as soon as or when I start it up I get to see the text: no signal and nothing else happens. it doesn't start up normally, and can't go into the menu or whatever, who knows what to do?!?

Best regards
how can i post a picture at this post.

Mvg

this one

Attachments

• IMG_20221229_094613.jpg
    IMG_20221229_094613.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 82
I addressed this in PM. Never had one of those. He also failed to mention on the forum here that is was already sent to Amiko and he got it returned saying cannot be repaired.

johan

SatelliteGuys Family​

Today at 9:06 AM
Hello KE4EST.

maybe you can help me further.
have sent the device to Amiko to have it checked or repaired, I will get it back with a paper; cannot be repaired. Now I don't know why yet, because they don't want to tell me that. Bit strange. As soon as I start it up I get (only) a message of (no signal) even though the coax is in it and the dish is on good. Maybe you have an idea how I can get to the Menu (after all)!?

Best regards

[/HEADING][/HEADING]
[HEADING=3][HEADING=3]johan

SatelliteGuys Family​

Today at 9:06 AM
Hello KE4EST.

maybe you can help me further.
have sent the device to Amiko to have it checked or repaired, I will get it back with a paper; cannot be repaired. Now I don't know why yet, because they don't want to tell me that. Bit strange. As soon as I start it up I get (only) a message of (no signal) even though the coax is in it and the dish is on good. Maybe you have an idea how I can get to the Menu (after all)!?

Best regards
If Amiko can't repair it, it's likely no good and you might as well toss it. Here's the manual for it. If following whatever the manual tells you doesn't work, then I'd say it's time to buy another Xfinder, or a different one completely. https://www.hb9afo.ch/articles/x-finder/usermanual_Amiko_X-Finder_EN_v130516_web.pdf

why don't they say why it is broken or what is broken.
What difference does that make? They are the manufacturer, and declared it unrepairable. That makes it junk. If you are so dead-set in trying to get it working again, try finding somebody that repairs electronics, and see if they can do something about it.

Perhaps it technically IS repairable, however many electronics are so cheap now which means that it's cheaper to buy a NEW one, than to pay a technician to spend time to repair it.

that's why it's useful to know what's wrong with it. Techies enough in the radio amateur world.
Without Amiko's help you are on your own. At over 200 Euros for a replacement, it is not cheap.

If it was mine, I would take it out of the case and look inside to try to spot any obvious problems on the circuit board.

Or it could be that one of the keypad buttons are stuck. Also check the power supply with a multimeter to make sure the battery is getting charged.

If you are not comfortable doing that, the next best thing would be to sell it on eBay (or similar auction site in Europe) "For Parts or not working" and maybe recover some of your money on it, which you could use to buy another one or equivalent.

I have already taken it out of the housing, and everything seems normal to me. It starts up normally, but gets stuck at a certain point and does not want to continue to the next program and see (AV1?!blink for a while.) and then disappear again

I have already taken it out of the housing, and everything seems normal to me. It starts up normally, but gets stuck at a certain point and does not want to continue to the next program and see (AV1?!blink for a while.) and then disappear again
Some more ideas:
1) Does it have a coin size 3V battery that you can replace? It might help.
2) Can you flash it with the latest firmware? I am guessing probably not since you can't get to the menus.
3) Use a multimeter to check for voltage coming out of the RF Input. (Without power an LNBF would not give you any signal). If there is no power then I would recommend an LNBF with 2 outputs. Connect one output to a known good receiver (which will power the LNBF) and the other to your XFinder. Then your receiver will provide the power that is absent from your XFinder.
4) Take high resolution photos of the circuit board (both sides) and post them here. Maybe someone here will be able to spot a problem?

Hope this helps,
Brett

Reactions: Foxbat
Good day or morning members. when I measure with a multi-meter, how much or how large should be the value that I need to measure.