amplifier

B

bubblepoppunk

Mar 8, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an amplifier that can be bought to improve the ota and satellite signal with a simple indoor installation.
Thanks in advance
Brian

B

bubblepoppunk

Mar 8, 2004
ok well i bought an rca in-line amplifier and it worked for the satellite but completely cut off my locals. anyone else have any ideas..im out of them.
brian

M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
There's a little powered Radio Shack inline amp for OTA signals. I used it on my silver sensor, and it definately improved my signal strength.

-MP

S

subdude212

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 31, 2003
MA
madpoet said:
There's a little powered Radio Shack inline amp for OTA signals. I used it on my silver sensor, and it definately improved my signal strength.

-MP
Same here, the RatShack unit worked out nicely.

B

bubblepoppunk

Mar 8, 2004
will this radio shack amplifier help even when both ota and satellite signals are going through a diplexer?

M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
It could... but I'd put it after the diplexor splits the line back out again.

B

bubblepoppunk

Mar 8, 2004
the diplexer doesnt split until it reaches the box. so should i bother trying to incease the signals. the problem is im missing one ota channel. the signal on the channel is 18 so i was hoping an amplifier could increase it enough to make it viewable. any thoughts?

B

bubblepoppunk

Mar 8, 2004
well the antenna is pointed in the complete wrong direction and an installer is coming to fix that problem. anyway i went to radio shack and tried it and the picture now comes in put its very pixalated and unwatchable. oh well, at least i know i can get the channel once they fix they antenna.