Amplifying Home Distribution and UHF remote on same coax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wilme2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Dallas, Texas
I have a setup similar to the last diagram on How to Extend UHF / UHF Pro Remote Range, which is to say I use the home distribution on channel 60 combined with UHF remote antennas on each floor/room in my house. The problem is that the TV signal was degrading due to the coax runs, so I put on a bi-directional amp. Now I realize that bi-directional amps generally only amp the return path below 50 mhz or so, and that the UHF remote signal is above that range.

Any ideas on who to accomplish short of another entire set of coax runs just for the UHF antenna? I would like the bottom part of the last diagram with some kind of pure bi-directional amp?

Attachments

• RemoExtend5.jpg
    RemoExtend5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Have not experienced ANY cable loss problems using the supplied Dish UHF Job Aid. How long is your RG-6 cable run and what brand of diplexer are you using?

The home distribution/UHF antenna feed uses traditional splitter/combiners. I do have Terk diplexers in the mix due to the setup, but my problem is not the satellite signal, nor the home distrubution over UHF, but it is the UHF remote signal.

Am combining at the source, diplexing onto a satellite feed coax, separating back out at the structred wiring cabinet via the second diplexer, where is it amplified and then split out to 4 different locations via a channel master 1-8 splitter for structured wiring cabinets. At each TV location the signal is split a final time into TV and a Dish UHF remote antenna per the diagram.

How many points are you asking for the UHF remote to perform? What is the greatest distance from the receiver to the remote {cable run}?

There are a total of 4 UHF remotes, one at each TV site, all on the same UHF code. They all work, but often you have to move around the room to find a spot to get them to signal. I now believe this is a function of the bi-directional amp due to its only supporting a return path of <50 Mhz. The TV signal is very good at all sites with the amp in line.

Try distributing the UHF signal like you would a tv signal to the different rooms. Inject UHF antenna output from the receiver to the splitter then in each of the rooms put a UHF antenna on the splitter and see what that does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts