Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have seen earlier this week HDNet was granted a temporary restraining order against DirecTV. The fight stems from the fact that DirecTV is moving HDNet and HDNet movies from the regular HD Access package and instead is placing it into a new package called the HD Extra pa…

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at MultiChannelNews.COM!

Im flattered. Ive thought about this some some and have just one question. The increases are 10+5 for HD and the HD pak. Now is that becuase it really costs them an extra 15 bucks for the channels and to pay for the new satellite? OR is D* drooling at the thought of collecting 15 dollars eventually from all of their subs when they eventually go to HD? If they are already anticipating getting that money then we are all in big trouble. Tack on yearly price increases and I don't think I will be around long. When your D* bill is more than your electric bill every month something is out of wack.

Im flattered. Ive thought about this some some and have just one question. The increases are 10+5 for HD and the HD pak. Now is that becuase it really costs them an extra 15 bucks for the channels and to pay for the new satellite? OR is D* drooling at the thought of collecting 15 dollars eventually from all of their subs when they eventually go to HD? If they are already anticipating getting that money then we are all in big trouble. Tack on yearly price increases and I don't think I will be around long. When your D* bill is more than your electric bill every month something is out of wack.

My electric bill is only higher than my D* bill in the summer(air conditioning).;)

What if everyone pays $15. for D*'s HD package.It's sure cheaper than $20.
for E*'s HD package and more channels too.So actually D* HD package would
be the better deal.;)

My electric bill is only higher than my D* bill in the summer(air conditioning).;)

What if everyone pays $15. for D*'s HD package.It's sure cheaper than $20.
for E*'s HD package and more channels too.So actually D* HD package would
be the better deal.;)
I think the amount of total viewers still dwarfs the HD subs. The increase should be much.

Check out the HD Pack. Decide if it is worth the extra $5. (For me the answer is no)
Then, make a decision. No reason to "overthink" this one.