An install no sub would touch

sigmtr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Central IL
Here's my setup: A 105 SuperDish with the FSS LNB removed, so it's really just an oversize Dish500 with two DP Duals. For kicks, I retro-fitted an old Dish300 with a new DP Dual and set it up to get 61.5. It's mounted on a "dock post" pole that is used with chain-link fence. That extra height also helps greatly in "seeing" over the neighbor's hedge. :)

All the Duals feed into a DP34 switch, and then two cables to my 625. Note that all cables except the ones to the SD are in PVC conduit. This is also the reason for my post title. The cables to the receiver go under my driveway, and when a sub came out to install the Super a couple of years ago, he suggested that I just throw the cable across the driveway and "put some rock over it". That's when I re-took matters into my own hands, got the dish from Ebay and did it right! I had always done my own install work with the 300 and 500 series dishes anyway. Only problem was locating a true 2" O.D. pipe at the time, which thankfully a local dealer gave me.

Both poles are set in 50 lbs of quick-set concrete, so nothing moves very much. At least I am now "future proof" for HD and can get a few more PI channels in the meantime. Still have that Primestar 118 project inspired by Pepper, but now I'm out of switch ports and don't really need anything on that bird. Maybe if I get bored over the winter months, and find a cheap DPP44... :rolleyes:

(Hope the image makes it, moderator feel free to thumbnail)

Attachments

• dish_setup.jpg
    dish_setup.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 228
sigmtr said:
Here's my setup: A 105 SuperDish with the FSS LNB removed, so it's really just an oversize Dish500 with two DP Duals. For kicks, I retro-fitted an old Dish300 with a new DP Dual and set it up to get 61.5. It's mounted on a "dock post" pole that is used with chain-link fence. That extra height also helps greatly in "seeing" over the neighbor's hedge. :)

All the Duals feed into a DP34 switch, and then two cables to my 625. Note that all cables except the ones to the SD are in PVC conduit. This is also the reason for my post title. The cables to the receiver go under my driveway, and when a sub came out to install the Super a couple of years ago, he suggested that I just throw the cable across the driveway and "put some rock over it". That's when I re-took matters into my own hands, got the dish from Ebay and did it right! I had always done my own install work with the 300 and 500 series dishes anyway. Only problem was locating a true 2" O.D. pipe at the time, which thankfully a local dealer gave me.

Both poles are set in 50 lbs of quick-set concrete, so nothing moves very much. At least I am now "future proof" for HD and can get a few more PI channels in the meantime. Still have that Primestar 118 project inspired by Pepper, but now I'm out of switch ports and don't really need anything on that bird. Maybe if I get bored over the winter months, and find a cheap DPP44... :rolleyes:

(Hope the image makes it, moderator feel free to thumbnail)

You are supposed to have the lines in conduit when going under a gravel driveway... thankfully you caught onto that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts