AN interesting GROUND

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
I live in an old school that has a flat roof. I went up to the rooftop today to see a neighbor's new install (a dish for satellite only) and found that it had been grounded in a very odd way. The cable has the ground running along side and the installer actually attached the ground to THE BRASS COOLANT COIL OF A ROOFTOP AIR CONDITIONER. This does not look safe at all (to me). Please comment. Is this dangerous like I think it is?

Last edited:
Defiantly not to local and NEC code that's for sure!

I would call the state board of electricity and tell them you smell burning and you are worried the whole place will catch fire.

Someone from the installation company will be "Right Round" to fix it!

Yes, it's not even my dish. Looks like the installer really took some short cuts. Including throwing the cable over the side of the roof, drilling a hole in an aluminum framed window, and feeding the cable through. This is after he was asked not to. There is even a cable feed above that he only had to drill through insulation foam to feed the cable through. It's a Hughs Net dish for Internet feeds and they are not cheap. It seems he took advantage of a customer who is young and doesn't speak english as a first language. I'll have this looked into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)