an update on iheart radio app

Once again the only thing Iheart has done is given Echostar / Nagrastar permission to make an app which can pick up their content. Iheart is not making the app and has zero control of if and when it will be released. Once again I am told that this project has been shelved and no matter what Iheart has on their website will not change that fact. Hopefully someday we see it, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.

Once again the only thing Iheart has done is given Echostar / Nagrastar permission to make an app which can pick up their content. Iheart is not making the app and has zero control of if and when it will be released. Once again I am told that this project has been shelved and no matter what Iheart has on their website will not change that fact. Hopefully someday we see it, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.
that is what i was thinking off scott that iheart gave permission to dish to create a app for the hopper with sling dvr.we will see it eventually it could be a month or months or at CES 2016 or who knows when.it is beyond my pay grade to know when it is coming i just get updates from iheart and i pass them along to you guys.

It looks to me like Dish is putting all their programmers on Sling apps at the moment. So all Hopper stuff is probably shelved.

It looks to me like Dish is putting all their programmers on Sling apps and all Hopper stuff is probably shelved, especially since Sling apps are having so many problems.

CES wouldn't be the release for the UI as production software. What they would release at CES has already been done. They announced plans to have the Carbon UI and a 4K Joey. CES is just a show to show the new tech around the world, to firms and organizations that it pertains to. Alan, just sit back, and whatever comes, comes. That all said, the New Hopper is likely what is on the block right now that the Engineers are concentrating their attention on. If I were to venture a guess, they have either given the "fix" work to the newly hired or bottom barrel software team, even possibly at Dish instead of Echostar, and concentrating the real work on the new equipment, or they have just said screw it, and focusing all their attention on prioritized means, such as the new hopper. I have no idea what their staffing and timelines or even priorities are present at either company, so this is merely a guess. Asking or even updating that "there are still plans for it to come soon" will do nothing but frustrate the people answering the same question/statement over and over. In reality, all we can do it wait. If it helps, forget what is to come, and enjoy what you have currently.

CES wouldn't be the release for the UI as production software. What they would release at CES has already been done. They announced plans to have the Carbon UI and a 4K Joey. CES is just a show to show the new tech around the world, to firms and organizations that it pertains to. Alan, just sit back, and whatever comes, comes. That all said, the New Hopper is likely what is on the block right now that the Engineers are concentrating their attention on. If I were to venture a guess, they have either given the "fix" work to the newly hired or bottom barrel software team, even possibly at Dish instead of Echostar, and concentrating the real work on the new equipment, or they have just said screw it, and focusing all their attention on prioritized means, such as the new hopper. I have no idea what their staffing and timelines or even priorities are present at either company, so this is merely a guess. Asking or even updating that "there are still plans for it to come soon" will do nothing but frustrate the people answering the same question/statement over and over. In reality, all we can do it wait. If it helps, forget what is to come, and enjoy what you have currently.
i am going to just and wait what is coming up we do not know what is coming it could be a new carbon ui,new apps,new hd channels you know what the saying "good things happen when you wait" we know according to scott he said that there is a new hopper coming at CES.anyone know when CES is going to happen?i talked to spotify and slacker and they are interested in coming to dish.so i am hoping for more hd channels,new apps,carbon ui.

iyou know we have not seen some new apps since we got vevo and weathernation.it has been a while since we saw somne arent we suppose to get LYVE the photos and video app the official press rleases from CES said Q2 i wonder where is that maybe they scrapped that app also.

Likely scrapped everything that isn't vital right now, and is concentrating on UI release and new hopper release. Bet they do it like Apple and release the Carbon UI just before announcing the new Hopper. What was it called, the Wally or Wallaby

Likely scrapped everything that isn't vital right now, and is concentrating on UI release and new hopper release. Bet they do it like Apple and release the Carbon UI just before announcing the new Hopper. What was it called, the Wally or Wallaby
if you can find that article that scott has under interesting it talks about the new hopper just a small article about it so i would say we might get something good coming in the next couple we have to just wait.

Last edited:
does anyone know if dish has scapped everything for this year before the new hopper comes out and carbon ui.

does anyone know if dish has scapped everything for this year before the new hopper comes out and carbon ui.
We all know the same amount as you Alan. Anyone that does know more cant really talk about it, and the stuff that can be posted has been by Scott and Associates, LLC. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)