Anatomy of a Telephone Pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you called it a telephone pole! :) We often do, but that is not correct terminology. A telephone pole is a pole that has only telephone lines on it. Once you add things like power and/or cable they become utility poles. Thus the article speaks to utility pole. Now, if the only thing on the pole is power, it becomes a power pole and if the only thing on the pole is CATV it is a..... CATV pole....

Reactions: spongella
I used to call them telephone poles--habit from my parents. My mother said that is what they were called. They came by her house as a kid, but just for telephone. She was 18 or 19 when they got power. Even then it was called the light bill, cause all they had were lights. She said at first they had one plug-in, in the house but didn't have anything to plug in it for a long time. Finally her father bought a plug in radio.

Continuing with pole terminology, doe anyone remember Barber poles? Long cylindrical red and white swirly things that spun inside a glass cylinder - that's how you knew where to get a hair cut. There must be some left out there spinning away.

Reactions: TheKrell
Continuing with pole terminology, doe anyone remember Barber poles? Long cylindrical red and white swirly things that spun inside a glass cylinder - that's how you knew where to get a hair cut. There must be some left out there spinning away.
The shop I go to still has one.

yesterday I saw a powwwer pole in distress.

northway mall has been gutted and mostly demolished. its being rebuilt completely

a very high voltage power pole was somehow damaged, it was broken of about halfway up, wires on the ground, lots of emergency vehicles and sirens.

must of been scary to see it.

by the end of the day they had replaced it

having seen my tree contractor bring down a 15KVA line that took out power for a very large area, and could of killed me. i dont care to see another such event

So here we have a "Pole Cat" I think he misplaced his squirrel. ;)
wirecat 005.JPG

He came down with one step, 22' to the pavement below. He doesn't follow the squirrels up the poles anymore.

The shop I go to still has one.
One barber shop in town here(the oldest one), still has one. A couple of years ago, someone fixed it and it spins again now.

So here we have a "Pole Cat" I think he misplaced his squirrel. ;)
View attachment 114748

He came down with one step, 22' to the pavement below. He doesn't follow the squirrels up the poles anymore.
I had a cat that done that one time. Amazing how far it fell straight to the ground, and didn't appear hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts