Android reported to be overwhelming leader in China

In as much as the market for the Apple products have grown bigger, I do not see them winning the market of those which are not really that stable in terms of their economy.

And with such a huge market that is not really as equipped with money, it would not be a tough task for the cheaper android line to win the market by a landslide.

That actually pretty much in all the other markets when you analyze them fairly.

In as much as the market for the Apple products have grown bigger, I do not see them winning the market of those which are not really that stable in terms of their economy.

And with such a huge market that is not really as equipped with money, it would not be a tough task for the cheaper android line to win the market by a landslide.

That actually pretty much in all the other markets when you analyze them fairly.
Also, don't forget that with knock offs and lack of copyright laws, it's not hard sell a basic Android phone that has an identical case to that of an iPhone, thus giving people the illusion that you have an Apple device from a distance. When I was in China I saw numerous knock offs that were obviously meant to give the illusion of an iPhone, but were clearly not from Apple once you actually turned on the device.

Reading the NY Times about Apple's latest quarter, and it does NOT sound like Apple is doing quite as poorly in China - as 20% of its revenues in the last quarter came from China. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/technology/apple-profits-up-as-iphone-sales-grow-88.html

Mr. Cook said that Apple’s quarterly revenue from China was $7.9 billion, about 20 percent of total company revenue. Furthermore, that was triple Apple’s China sales in the same period a year ago. In contrast, Apple’s China sales during its last fiscal year were about 12 percent of total revenue. Two years ago, Apple sales in China were 2 percent.

“China has grown from a rounding error to a massive new market,” said Robert Cihra, an analyst at Evercore Partners. “Their premium price point clearly has not been any hurdle to them growing there.”

Mr. Cook said that enormous numbers of people moving into the middle class in China were creating demand for goods including the iPhone. He said Apple was “doing everything” it could to serve the market. The iPhone 4S went on sale in China on Jan. 13, near the beginning of the last quarter, and starts at nearly $800 without a wireless plan, though it is available free with a multiyear carrier contract.

Since becoming chief executive of Apple last fall, Mr. Cook has repeatedly identified China as one of the biggest growth opportunities for Apple. The growing appetite for Apple’s products among Chinese consumers comes at a time when Apple is working with manufacturing partners and parts suppliers to improve working conditions in factories in countries like China, where most Apple products are made.

Apple has an amazing business model. The hidden message in this is that Apple has such great profit from the sales of iphones that remains in house. The trouble with Android is that there is no real measurable return on investment for Google. In addition, iphone is just capturing a small % of the China business now which means it has a huge future for growth as long as the product remains a desired device. This is true for the world wide market, not just China. What this means to me is that while Apple is today the most successful company in the world, its got plenty of room to grow with its present products and room for continued market share growth in the near future ( 2-3 years ). What that means for me is that as a buyer of Apple stock, I continue to buy shares on each pull back and trade around a core investment.
I currently have sold off all my Google shares in the past 60 days, took some profits and have reinvested the money into more Apple on each downturn. Insider reports are still negative on Apple and they continuously are wrong at their loss and this is producing very wide spreads in the stock price. Translate that in to simple no brainer trading to make big money all at the hands of the short sellers.

Information about one vs the other in China to me is a boring subject. But with a healthy investment in the companies and using a strategy to create a nice weekly income for just reading about this stuff, it makes it not just interesting but fun on how to turn this stuff into cash in my pocket. If you are not getting a personal return for this stuff, why does it even matter to you?

don,

it's of interest for several reasons.

first and foremost, our reign as the dominant world economy is coming to an end. what happens else where is of importance to what will happen here.

second,from a professional perspective it matters to me. over the next few years, smart phones and tablets will surpass traditional computers as the preferred means of access to network based services. as someone who de signs, implements, and maintains datacenter infrastructures and content delivery systems the devices that access the content matter.

take email as an example. Five years ago it was dominated by pop. is it would connect to the server, and retrieve their email via a client and after retrieval, the day that was usually deleted. now, with multiple devices accessing a common mail box and imap the leading protocol nasa just stay around much longer, which means more storage and a larger infrastructure to deal with it.

my interest is far from academic, it matters operationally and strategically for me to do my job well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

OK but I'm not sure I understand the second point. The first is a matter of opinion and I don't agree with you or all the negative Nancys and Bob Hallers out there preaching that. Nuf said as we can agree to disagree on the economy. I guess its also too political and Rocky will be in here to slap me if I say more. LOL!

Can you elaborate on the second point? I don't follow how the ratio of Android vs. iphone in China changes how you perform your job here in the states. I do agree that we are definitely evolving in how we communicate but that has more to do with the Mobile internet access in general, not how the ratio of Android to iphones in China are doing. But, if you are involved somehow in the design and working of the Chinese infrastructure, then I can see your point. I guess I'm too focused on the obvious in this and that is the financial impact and where it will take the two companies in the next few years.

Don:

Chinese GDP is approaching US GDP, and it's only a matter of time (estimates are anywhere from a few years to a decade) that it exceeds ours.

Individual buying power will remain in our favour but consumers are only part of the equation.

As for point 2, where people connect from shows where to build up infrastructure. How they access indicates what platforms to prioritize development for and what services could /should be offered.

Chinese GDP is approaching US GDP, and it's only a matter of time (estimates are anywhere from a few years to a decade) that it exceeds ours.

Individual buying power will remain in our favour but consumers are only part of the equation.

Its a much bigger picture than that.
To all the Negative Nancy's who believe the US economy is gloom and doom, that the US will soon ( within the next 10 years become a 3rd world nation), please read the following article loaded with comparison facts.

U.S. vs China: which economy is bigger, better? | Expert Zone

I would only add to the article that it seems to me that most negative Nancy's in the US who postulate the gloom and doom theory fail to include the fact that future predictions is like crystal ball gazing and the negative views are based on short time frame slopes in the long term trend curve. In other words, the direction in the most recent past indicates a negative direction for the US or a closing the gap of a huge one between China and the US. But what Negative Nancy's fail at is to include emerging game changers presently giving birth in the US that will spell an explosion of jobs and demand exports, especially to the Chinese. This major game changer in the US is the most recent discovery of fossil fuel energy reserves combined with recent fracking and horizontal drilling technology to extract economically and safely with a minimum of surface environmental impact. These transportable and exportable energy resources are believed to be a major game changer making the US and Canada the center for world's energy exports and huge jobs development. While the US has avoided a government energy policy to promote US energy independence, the private sector has forged forward on its own to develop this natural resource, in spite of government attempts to prevent it. This will happen in near times if things regarding regulation of it remain constant. It will happen much faster if government gets out of the way and allows the US to become the world's leader in energy resource.

Mike- I hope this isn't too political for your rules. If it is feel free to censor out the parts that are unfit for readers here.
As for point 2, where people connect from shows where to build up infrastructure. How they access indicates what platforms to prioritize development for and what services could /should be offered.

You lost me, John. Obviously it is something you believe you need to know but it sounds like its way above my pay grade. :)

Don,

Why is it you have to paint those who disagree with you in a negative light? Now it's "negative Nancy's ". Can you have a discussion without resorting to the childish behavior?

Germany, Japan and the UK don't have the world's largest economies but the last I checked they weren't considered to be third world countries. So when the US drops below China, I don't think we'll be a third world country. When you make these type of ridiculous leaps, you weaken the point you are trying to make.

Sorry, I have my reason but I will just drop it. More important is that the facts are quite different than the hype in the press that what you believe will soon happen. The mantra is often stated in the press which thrives on being negative. But these claims of future prediction have the flaws as stated in the article as well as the assumption that there are no game changers ever going to happen when in fact we know of some of them already.

So when the US drops below China, I don't think we'll be a third world country. When you make these type of ridiculous leaps, you weaken the point you are trying to make.

First of all I believe that when you claim "when" China passes the US, I would state that is a ridiculous leap. The spread per capita is just way too great for that to ever happen unless we change here and become a communist state of economy. It's our free market that allows us to continue to develop. I would not consider it a ridiculous leap had you said IF China ever catches up to and passes the US...

You are correct that I should not have identified you as a "Negative Nancy" It was indeed childish and beneath us. I do use the term to describe much of the news that generates these myths about the US failing economy and that it is a fait accompli. Presently we have indeed stagnated around a +2% GDP while the Chinese is at +8.9% but assuming we will never have changes in the future, the the negative may come true but not soon. I will call myself a Positive Don and say I believe the changes we see in the US with our elections and free enterprise will continue to widen the gap, not narrow it. In the words of Steve Wynn, ( paraphrasing from his 3rd qtr report last November I recall-) "In China we have to understand that things move slowly, very slowly as compared to the US. What changes in a couple years in the US takes decades to change in China. To be successful in China, we had to learn patience."

i don't think that anyone is predicting that China will overtake us in per capita GDP anytime soon. The predictions are of China taking the lead in terms of total GDP. that probably is inevitable though I think some of the forecasts about Chinese growth may be optimistic---but that is just aquestion of when not if. As for us becoming a third world country that is unlikely. There is room for more than one country outside of the third world. We just won't be the dominant economy in the world as we have been.

i don't think that anyone is predicting that China will overtake us in per capita GDP anytime soon. The predictions are of China taking the lead in terms of total GDP. that probably is inevitable though I think some of the forecasts about Chinese growth may be optimistic---but that is just aquestion of when not if. As for us becoming a third world country that is unlikely. There is room for more than one country outside of the third world. We just won't be the dominant economy in the world as we have been.

And Geronimo gets my point exactly.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Verizon about to throw some money away behind Windows Phone

Phone Power service outage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)