Android tablets, Take 2: Ice Cream Sandwich on Tegra 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
ASUS replaced Motorola to introduce the next generation Android OS on tablets.
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime with Ice Cream Sandwich teased in a short video | The Verge
Hopefully the transformer Prime gets better reception than the Xoom.

And by the looks of it, the ICS+Tegra3 combination is getting popular
Acer, Lenovo looking to release Tegra 3-equipped tablets in early 2012 -- Engadget

Even the Xoom2 might get ICS treatment one day
Motorola Xoom 2 unboxing and first impressions (video) -- Engadget

Now, that the source code got released, there is hardly any doubt anything dual-core 1GHz or more
will run ICS one day. Also, Tegra3 wont have the "monopoly" on ICS tablets for long...

It should an interesting year for generic Android tablets...

Diogen.

Another review of the Transformer Prime from the level-headed folks at Anandtech
AnandTech - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime & NVIDIA Tegra 3 Review
...I am comfortable calling the Eee Pad Transformer Prime the absolute best Android tablet on the market today.
The hardware looks and feels great. ASUS picked the best display possible and married it to some really good industrial design.

It looks like the Prime continues the tradition started by the first Transformer.
And if the sales go as expected, they have a good chance to hear from Apple Legal...

Diogen.

that would be very rapid upgrade of the os. that's also far from a no.

I'm caught in the backorder vortex at Best Buy . not sure of a shipping date...

I'm disappointed but not angry at this point. If they only got 1000 transformer primes and i am/was number 1001 on the list, that's life.

regards,

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

that would be very rapid upgrade of the os. that's also far from a no.
Even before Honeycomb was shown on Xoom, Google said to be shifting to annual (instead if bi-annual) mobile
OS refresh. It was suppose to start as soon as both branches - phone and tablet - are united, i.e. ICS.

Therefore, they either changed their mind or it will show up in June as beta and ship by the end of 2012.

Unless this Nexus tablet rumor is nothing more than a rumor...:)

Diogen.

Even before Honeycomb was shown on Xoom, Google said to be shifting to annual (instead if bi-annual) mobile
OS refresh. It was suppose to start as soon as both branches - phone and tablet - are united, i.e. ICS.

Therefore, they either changed their mind or it will show up in June as beta and ship by the end of 2012.

Unless this Nexus tablet rumor is nothing more than a rumor...:)

Diogen.

i did not read the full text from Schmidt, did he indicate it would be a new release?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

He said nothing about the OS.
What the Nexus (?) tablet will run is pure speculation.
But I'd expect it to run something more than just ICS of today.
Maybe ICS+new features, beefed up hardware...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts