Animal lovers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I love animals. We have 2 cats of our own and will be taking care of one of my sister in law's cats for her for the next year. I just can't stand to see a homeless or hungry animal. It really saddens me.

Yeah. I have had that in my favorites for over a year now. The first thing I do when I get on the internet. Definitely a good cause. I'm a big animal lover as well. Got a rottweiler / akita mix that's about 7 years old, and he's a big baby. lol

When we couldn't save our Aussie three years ago we waited a little while and rescued a Louisianna Catahoula Leopard Dog mix. We have never been sorry. She is a great dog.

I love animals, they taste great!

Seriously though I do love them. this is the first time in my life I haven't had a dog or a cat because my father in law very allergic to them and goes into an asthmatic fit everytime he hears the word dog. Both my brother and Dad have Jack Russells and they are high maintenance. My dads dog bit the ear off of my brothers the other day.

Anyway I clicked away and will continue to in the future - thanks for the link

John Walsh said:
I love animals, they taste great!

this is the first time in my life I haven't had a dog or a cat because my father in law very allergic to them and goes into an asthmatic fit everytime he hears the word dog.

Poodles are non allergic for nearly everyone. They have hair rather than fur, and are non shedding. Have someone with JUST POODLES visit your father in law. A poodle might not bother him at all.:)

We have 4 dogs, the last 2 rescue dogs who were sccheduled to be destroyed.......

We offered to be foster parents but decided to keep the dogs

Trust me, I have laid the entire list of hypoallergenic dogs in front of him and my wife but he insists they will still bother him. Just the mention of dogs starts him weezing. I did tell my wife that when he does pass away I will go to his funeral with a dog. She didn't find it funny.

Bob Haller said:
Poodles are non allergic for nearly everyone. They have hair rather than fur, and are non shedding. Have someone with JUST POODLES visit your father in law. A poodle might not bother him at all.:)

We have 4 dogs, the last 2 rescue dogs who were sccheduled to be destroyed.......

We offered to be foster parents but decided to keep the dogs

My buddy, our 3 year old male cat was kind of a rescue. The folks next door to my father-in-law out in the country never got their cats fixed, and had a litter. This happened right after we bought our house in Indiana. Well, he was so cute and loved playing with his littermates that I finally convinced my wife to let me have him. He was full of fleas and it took 4 or 5 baths to finally get rid of them. We noticed on our way home that he had an infected toe on his right front paw. We were going to take him to the vet anyway to get his shots and to get fixed. I should also tell you that at first I thought he was a female, because unlike dogs I couldn't tell. Call me stupid I know. :D The vet sure surprised me with that phone call. If yall remember my avatar a while back, that's him.

Anyway, the vet had to operate on his paw because come to find out a fly larve had gotten in his toe somehow and and infected it. The vet fortunately was able to save his toe. He's been a great cat so far and I hope that we have him for years to come.

Our female was definately a rescue. Some people my father-in-law's girlfriend new had found a kitten on the side of the road. She was going to take care of her but her existing female cat hated other cats, so we said we would take her. That was 6 months after getting our buddy. She became an early Christmas present. She was a little timid at first, but she's slowly come around. She is the sweetest female cat you'll ever meet. She loves strangers now.

It just pains me to see an animal in distress. That's why I'm glad both of our cats were rescues.

You know what? We should post pics of our pets. I need to take new ones of ours next week.

S'gal thanks for the link. I didn't know that one.

Here's the boys:

Attachments

• watching the dove show.jpg
    watching the dove show.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 138
Neutron
I don't remember the avatar now but Im sure I would if I saw it. Thats how I knew there were so many animal lovers in here.

Point me in the direction of how to post pics in here.

I have a stray horse drinking up the outside cat's water... ( have outside cats) and with those along with the neighbors Peacock's have not seen a Rattlesnake on my land in years...( and only a couple of bullsnakes) If this keeps up I may have to Saddle him up an ride him... ( have Tack, just no horse) :D

SatelliteGAL said:
AcuraCL
I love the way that one on the left has the black rumpy and black tail. Interesting markings. Are they related?
Nah, not related. The mostly white one (left) has a big Mickey Mouse marking on his left side, and that and his tail are tabby striped. He's lean and athletic and very very smart.

The big black one (right) is big boned, clumsy, a bit overweight, and very good natured.

I adopted both from our local Humane Society at the same time, but that is their only relation. They love each other and are loved by me and my partner immeasurably :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)