Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I now have three wonderful cats at home and my wife and I are very fond of them. We love to spoil our "kids" and found that cats go crazy for Whiskas Temptation cat treats. We have been feeding them these treats regularly for a couple of years. Well I started having issues with my cats and suspected the treats. Unfortunately I was right on the money with that assumption. These treats are very bad for your cats. I will not feed another one to any animal period.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/whiskas-cat-food.html

So many complaints, and it appears nothing at all has been done about this.

So much of the pet treats and food is horrible out there.

We just had two of our cats that were losing thier fur on their backs, scratching like crazy and the vet kept telling us they were allergic to fleas, even though we see no fleas anywhere.

My wife works at a feed and grain store and her boss told her to try switching them to different food, we did that and within a week their fur started coming back and no scratching.

I don't remember the brand of the old food, was cheap and from Wal Mart, we threw it all out.

I now have three wonderful cats at home and my wife and I are very fond of them. We love to spoil our "kids" and found that cats go crazy for Whiskas Temptation cat treats. We have been feeding them these treats regularly for a couple of years. Well I started having issues with my cats and suspected the treats. Unfortunately I was right on the money with that assumption. These treats are very bad for your cats. I will not feed another one to any animal period.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/whiskas-cat-food.html
No cats here but several friends and family have them. Will let them know. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Magic Static
Our 16 year old loves temptations. She does throw up from time to time. She has lost a lot of weight. She is lethargic. She is 16 years old. All that said, we're throwing out Temptations and will treat her with cat food from the vet.

We feed our pets the Rachel Ray food. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: fred555
We feed our pets the Rachel Ray food. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

We ran out of our regular "healthy" type cat food. Fed the pack Rachel Ray for a day or two.
I bought more of the "healthy" stuff.
The one cat saw me not grabbing Rachel Ray food and knocked the can of healthy cat food out of my hand. Cats are funny and smart.

I don't blame the critters, that Rachel food smells pretty damn good, might be tasty on a cracker!

Thanks! for the heads up on this. My cat likes Friskies Party Mix treats and I use a Purina brand or Rachel Ray food for him.

We stopped feeding any commercial treats a few years ago. The wife cooks a (anti-biotics free) chicken breast then cubes it (about 1/2" - 3/4" sq) and puts a few in each zip lock bag then freezes the bags until needed. When we treat we pull the cube apart into small shreds. Both the cats we've had love the chicken with no problems. Prior to that even the so-called "safe and healthy" treats occassionally got barfed up, not a single barf with the chicken.

Here's another tip, stay away from silica based litter. Breathing in silica dust when they dig in the litter can lead to "black lung" for cats just like coal miners can get from breathing coal dust. We use a dustless, corn based litter.

I have always been fortunate enough to offer the cats their choice of a cat door or a cat box. The unanimous decision is always the door of course. ;) Life without cat boxes is good.

But our kitty is an indoor kitty, has been for 16 years. It took 10 years before she would even think about investigating our back patio. We have an adopted kitty who lives entirely outdoors, hardly ever comes in and then just for a minute or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)