Annoying Charter phone calls

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
A guy at my work just got high speed internet through Charter about two weeks ago, internet only, no TV, etc, and Charter calls him at work on his cell phone twice a day to ask him if he wants to upgrade to TV package, etc. Like clockwork, around ten thirty a.m. and then at eleven thirty a.m. or so they call. He asked them to take him off the calling list and they'd told him it would take thirty days to do that, which seems ridiculous. Is there someone he can call at Charter to remove him from the calling list immediately? His service is in Dudley, Ma.

I've asked them several times to take me off. They stop for a month and then the calls start again to get me to upgrade.

I've had Charter internet only for over 3 years, and they never call me.

If they are cell phone calls, have him put the number in his "blocked" list. Most if not all cells have this option.

If they are cell phone calls, have him put the number in his "blocked" list. Most if not all cells have this option.

Didn't even think of doing that! I'll have him check Monday if he can on his phone. It's a Tracphone, so it's not the greatest phone, but I'd bet that option is there. Thanks!

They did the same to me,have Charter hsi only,the phone calls were getting out of control.My solution,got nettalk voip service with new number,not one call since.

Yep I use them just for Internet too and I was getting calls weekly asking me to upgrade to the triple play. I told them I will never switch to their triple play so they may as well quit calling me. I haven't received any calls in the last few months.

If you don't mind paying some money, here is how you get them to stop calling you. Sign up 1 month of Charter phone. When you do that, they automatically switch your account phone number to the new VOIP phone number. Once they did that, you cancel and get a prorated refund! Now they will be calling your disconnected number! ;)

No option to block calls in his phone. Really surprised me, that did. Looked through my Tracphone and same thing, no option for blocking numbers. Thinking of maybe having him call and tell them that he switched his number, give them the # for the pay phone across the street from his house maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)