Annoying loss of signal on DVR 522

ebehalifax

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I have a dvr522 and IRD-4900, the signal strenth on the 522 on both Tuner playing up and down like crazy, it goes from 98 to 70 then drop to 56 or 40 then up to 88 .... so the picture and sound are cuting out as the signal drop down, then good when the signal goes up...

I connect the Ird 4900 using the same rg6 coaxial cable coming from the same dish, VOILA, the signal is stong at 103 with litte of movement to 98 then up to 103... picture and sound are good.

The dish is aligned by a professional, the cable from the dish to receiver is rg6 good quality, the distance from dish to receiver is less then 50 feet.
What is the solution, i like it but,I am thinking to put the Dvr522 on Sale.
Please help!

No, I am using Ku LNBF for sat 121 only. By the way, i did try before dss lnb getting signal from 119 and it is fine on both receivers. Only the signal from Sat 121 good on one receiver 4900 and not on the dvr522. As i said early , using the same cable , the same dish , the same lnbf.
I did order now a new lnbf .4db noise figure, i don't know if it will make a difference, I did not received yet. It is puzzel me. If the problem from the dishor lnb why it is good on one and not the other and if the receiver why it is good on sat 119 and not 121.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts