Annual Subscription to Packages

Do you subscribe to an annual programming package?

• Yes, I subscribe to an annual package.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • No, but it sounds like a great idea I think I'll look into.

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • No, I don't want tie myself to Dish anymore than I have to in case I want to bolt.

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • No, I don't have the extra cash to pay ahead of time.

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • No, Some other reason

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters
I've been on the annual basic package, without locals, since 1999 and have been getting one month for free, since that time. I've never changed anything.

I first got on the annual thing right before the standard February price increase. Renewing every January has given me an extra discount of not having to pay the montly increased subscription price for another entire year.

So, I know that I've gotten more than 8 or at least a 10% discount.

Last time I inquired about annual subscription, Mega Movie Pack was no longer available. If you have it grandfathered do not drop it or you will not get it back. The deal was back in the day, the AT250 (now gold) plus Mega Movie Pack would give you no DVR fees. It was close in price to AEP, but AEP had channels (NBA TV) that were not in the Gold. That is why I dropped annual and went with AEP.

WOW, What State and who do you have for Auto insurance??:eek:
I would pay the year in full as well if I could save $500.
$64 is what I would save with Geico to pay the year in full.
Not worth it IMO.

My insurance is every 6 months and when I pay for the entire period, my discount is more than $200. Then again, Geico's rate is much higher than what I am paying.

Last edited:
Well, at this point, 13 of you have said that you're interested. Have any of you tried to do this and find out if it's something subscribers can still sign up for?

I'm going to give this one more bump to see if anyone has been able to successfully subscribe (new) to one of these annual packages. I think mine comes up for renewal next month and I guess I'll see if I keep getting the discount.

I got onto Dish Network for giving me credit on my Dish Network bill for what I paid for my annual package and switching me to monthly and they are giving me a monthly credit to make up for it which is the savings I would normally see. Once those credits are up I am going to ask for a renewal of that credit or have them do something to allow me to get it. Otherwise I may consider dropping HD as it is not worth costing me $10 for HD package and around $6-7 per month of savings. That makes having HD that much more expensive.

The multi sports package is available for $50 per year. Great if you like college sports. It is $6 per month if you pay monthly.

If I paid a year in advance the yearly bill would drive home just how much I'm paying for TV. Ouch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)