Another 360 death

Tom_P

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Yeap, my third X360 death, this one lasted 3 months. I knew it, they send me a remanufactured unit, with scratches all over, obviously kid owned. This can't be at the worst moment now that Forza is out, never got to play it, I can use my kid's 360 but he's on summer vacations so I got to arm wrestled out of him;) .
I'm sendind the unit today, because I'm in PR, so almost 2 weeks with my beloved console.

Thi is getting ridiculous, the same thing happened back in January. I didn't use the console for over a week and once I turn it on, the image got froze, once I turn it off and on it got the the dashboard and about 10-20 seconds later, it will freeze again only to give the 3 Flashing Red lights of Death after I restared the unit. The unit is connected to a battery backup, along with my LCD.
I'm going to trade it in for an Elite..

Tom

I have two launch units and an Elite, and after reading the various boards, I'm amazed that I haven't had to send not even one of them in for repair. I've heard of people on their 5th or 6th units. Can some sort of class action suit be far off?

Yeap, my third X360 death, this one lasted 3 months. I knew it, they send me a remanufactured unit, with scratches all over, obviously kid owned. This can't be at the worst moment now that Forza is out, never got to play it, I can use my kid's 360 but he's on summer vacations so I got to arm wrestled out of him;) .
I'm sendind the unit today, because I'm in PR, so almost 2 weeks with my beloved console.

Thi is getting ridiculous, the same thing happened back in January. I didn't use the console for over a week and once I turn it on, the image got froze, once I turn it off and on it got the the dashboard and about 10-20 seconds later, it will freeze again only to give the 3 Flashing Red lights of Death after I restared the unit. The unit is connected to a battery backup, along with my LCD.
I'm going to trade it in for an Elite..

Tom

Sorry to heard that my friend,Happends to me with my PS3,a PS2 game got jammed a finally arrived last monday after almost a month in Laredo,TX.The Good news they send me a brand new one.

My 360 just died today. It was a refurb unit too. I got 6 or 7 months out of this one. Very frustrating.

Hey Tech, long time no see. Estoy perdio, problemas en casa chico.

Reading other threads like this makes me wonder if I should just trade in my premium 360 for the elite model.
Those are my plans,

And actually my launch day console never worked, I returned to Sears and waited 2 months to finally get it at Walmart.

At least M$ extended the warranty, the least they can do right?

In my case because I'm out of the Conus, have to pay for the shipping to thge Texas repair site, at least $25 insured, 2 times because the first one was returned to the store.

elite is the same as the premium, just a little more goop, I have heard they fail as well, just something to keep in mind.

Yeah I would wait until they go to the 65nm cores.

I just want to get rid of the console that the warranty is almost over. I'll buy in EB Games/Gamestop for the replacement warranty that they offer.

my launch 360 just died.

RIP.

Not sure how long it will be before I can really afford to replace it, I'm well out of warranty.

I had some minor issues that couldnt be resolved in December when it was still under warranty and they offered to replace it (i had to pay shipping) but life got busy and I was never able to send it in...

damn.

my launch 360 just died.

RIP.

Not sure how long it will be before I can really afford to replace it, I'm well out of warranty.

I had some minor issues that couldnt be resolved in December when it was still under warranty and they offered to replace it (i had to pay shipping) but life got busy and I was never able to send it in...

damn.

They only charge $145 or something to repair it out of warranty, call and they might give you a discount since it is a launch one.

They were cool with me, since i had already had it set up for repair previously they allowed me to get a free repair.

Once I get it back I'll be getting the extended that I meant to get late last year.

- Stevo

My launch 360 bricked this week also. DO NOT pay the 139 to get it fixed. Ask to a speak to a Supervisor.
I went through the whole scenario of It's not my fault it did not break soon enough. You essentially said you would repair all Launch models.
Supervisor said he could not change the rules but he could "bend" the rules. I asked to explain what he could do..He came back with 25% off the repair price.

I still said that was not good enough. You know there was a manufacturing problem but did not want to recall all the launch date boxes to keep bad publicity from hurting sales. He then came back with 50% off. So for 69.95 I get a refurbed 2007 model and a new warranty.

My launch 360 bricked this week also. DO NOT pay the 139 to get it fixed. Ask to a speak to a Supervisor.
I went through the whole scenario of It's not my fault it did not break soon enough. You essentially said you would repair all Launch models.
Supervisor said he could not change the rules but he could "bend" the rules. I asked to explain what he could do..He came back with 25% off the repair price.

I still said that was not good enough. You know there was a manufacturing problem but did not want to recall all the launch date boxes to keep bad publicity from hurting sales. He then came back with 50% off. So for 69.95 I get a refurbed 2007 model and a new warranty.

Cool, I was wondering why I haven't seen you on this week.

my 6th, once the face plate arrived as they shipped it without one, has been running great for 2 months now. 6th time is the charm so don't feel bad.:p

So much for "teh kiddy" label - Manhunt 2 Wii hands-on

PS3 file sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts