HDMI vs AV Cable on XBOX 360?

BoiseStateFan4Life

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
United States
Do they make a difference? I just got one and used the AV Cable provided on my 46 inch Sony LED Google TV. Tried playing FIFA 14 on it, but the picture quality sucked and part of the score box and player cards were cut.

Should I get an HDMI?

Do they make a difference? I just got one and used the AV Cable provided on my 46 inch Sony LED Google TV. Tried playing FIFA 14 on it, but the picture quality sucked and part of the score box and player cards were cut.

Should I get an HDMI?
Yes. Assuming you mean the standard Composite (Red, White, Yellow) cables, the best you'll get is 480i resolution, as HDMI will give you up to 1080p. Trust me, get a HDMI cable. They can be found dirt cheap on Amazon. Don't get them from a big box store, and DO NOT get a Monster (rip off) cable.

Same here. Monoprice or Amazon for my hdmi cables. 720p vs 1080p really won't make a difference gaming on a 360. Most , if not all 360 games, run no higher than 1280x720.
But as others stated here, get yourself an hdmi cable, set the 360 output to 1080p and you'll notice a huge difference.

If your AV cable has only three plugs on the end for the TV, then get an HDMI cable.

If your cable has more than three plugs on the TV side, then check on the end that plugs into the X Box and make sure that the little switch on the side of it is set to HDTV and not just TV, that it's plugged into the TV correctly and not just into the regular AV connector, but HD ones.

If your AV cable has only three plugs on the end for the TV, then get an HDMI cable.

If your cable has more than three plugs on the TV side, then check on the end that plugs into the X Box and make sure that the little switch on the side of it is set to HDTV and not just TV, that it's plugged into the TV correctly and not just into the regular AV connector, but HD ones.
Right. You may have Component cables (Red, Blue, Green, Red, White) which can carry HD signals, although it just goes up to 1080i.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts