another 61.5 channel move post :D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
ok, a buddy calls me tonight saying that DN called saying they are calling all there customers and letting them know that all channels will be moved from this 61.5 sat and onto the 72.7 sat. . .

now i know there are heaps of topics on here about this, but i cant remember seeing any where the guys spoke about dish callin them.

whats really happening here with this sat?
are other ppl gettin these callin or do i need to give my buddy a knock over the head?

They have an ongoing program to move HD off 61.5 (except for locals) and onto 72.7, while SD is being moved from 72.7 and onto 61.5. This is in order to alienate all of us who have hybrid arc installations and also all HD customers in Puerto Rico. (Sorry for my sarcasm.)

so this move. . .61.5 will be like 119 or 110 in the end?

how my buddy had it sound was like if they movin ALL channels off which was a bit odd imho.

They have an ongoing program to move HD off 61.5 (except for locals) and onto 72.7, while SD is being moved from 72.7 and onto 61.5. This is in order to alienate all of us who have hybrid arc installations and also all HD customers in Puerto Rico. (Sorry for my sarcasm.)

after reading this --> Why It’s Important
Once all international programming has been migrated from the 61.5 orbital location, we will be able to offer our customers more HD channels on the 61.5 orbital location.

the #2 poster is incorrect. . .they are moving all or most of the HD to the 61.5 slot, only the internationals are moving.

correct?

after reading this --> Why It’s Important
Once all international programming has been migrated from the 61.5 orbital location, we will be able to offer our customers more HD channels on the 61.5 orbital location.

the #2 poster is incorrect. . .they are moving all or most of the HD to the 61.5 slot, only the internationals are moving.

correct?

No , he is correct. Dish did/is moving most all the HD off 61.5. And Dish is moving most all the international programming to the 118 Sat. I think you are making an assumption that when dish says it is so they can add more HD programming, it means adding more existing HD programming. I would say they are getting ready to add something they don't have now, such as full time HD RSN's, or room to add something like the NFL package, etc... or adding Distants in HD..... And since they are leaving the local HD channels, it is possible they want to move the locals off of 77 and put them on 61.5, or at least have that option. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing if you have 77 now to get your locals, you already have the rest of the ARC in most cases,(unlike having 110/119, which does not always mean you have 129, or having 61.5 and 72 does not mean you have 77) so moving them to 61.5 will mean nothing to the customer. But that's just a guess.

Last edited:
Tampa8 said:
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing if you have 77 now to get your locals, you already have the rest of the ARC in most cases,(unlike having 110/119, which does not always mean you have 129, or having 61.5 does mean you have the rest of the ARC) so moving them to 61.5 will mean nothing to the customer. But that's just a guess.

In most cases you are correct. From what I understand if your locals are on 77 and you have the full WA already then they will plop a 500dish on your roof and point it to 77 and call it a day instead of making you EA. From what I have noticed ( I will look closer at the 77 channel list) locals are the only thing on 77for the most part and places like northern Vermont I think and Maine can't even see 77 so it would be more beneficial to keep most locals on 77 because of that. IMHO

No , he is correct. Dish did/is moving most all the HD off 61.5. And Dish is moving most all the international programming to the 118 Sat. I think you are making an assumption that when dish says it is so they can add more HD programming, it means adding more existing HD programming. I would say they are getting ready to add something they don't have now, such as full time HD RSN's, or room to add something like the NFL package, etc... or adding Distants in HD..... And since they are leaving the local HD channels, it is possible they want to move the locals off of 77 and put them on 61.5, or at least have that option. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing if you have 77 now to get your locals, you already have the rest of the ARC in most cases,(unlike having 110/119, which does not always mean you have 129, or having 61.5 and 72 does not mean you have 77) so moving them to 61.5 will mean nothing to the customer. But that's just a guess.

is he also correct in sayin they will be movin the SD channels to 61.5?

I am lost, Dish was moving all the HD off of 61.5, but now they are moving the internationals off of 61.5, so they can add more HD. ?????????????????????????????????????????

All internationals will be off of 61.5 by the end of October.

E* really sure likes to save the penny's and spend the dollars.I had a dish looking at 118 which they took down to put up and eastern arc one. So will I be getting a new dish or and extension? At their cost I hope.

I am lost, Dish was moving all the HD off of 61.5, but now they are moving the internationals off of 61.5, so they can add more HD. ?????????????????????????????????????????

Did you read my reply to that question on page 1?

Did you read my reply to that question on page 1?

Pretty much 61.5 will be spotbeam HD plus unkown other channels mostly SD. This way 77 will be conus locals for many and 61.5 spotbeam locals for many. This will all be the EA. Then as they convert the WA to MPEG 4 there will be much more room for the additional channels like RSN's in HD. This is my understanding & I could be wrong as I don't have a pipe line to Mr. E's mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts