another 61.5 channel move post :D

I was on the Western setup until yesterday with Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for 61.5. My locals are off 110 and trees are starting to block out the spot where the dish 500 is looking. I have no way of sighting 129 and when the trees finally leaf out I will, loose 110 and 119 at that dish location. Dish came out and set up a Eastern arc 1000.4 for my main setup. On the opposite side of the yard I have a nice LOS above the tree line located 100 feet away. Then a separate dish was placed 10 feet from the 1000.4 for my locals on 110. For the 110 LOS I have a little slot through the trees about 50 feet away that should be there for a few years. Worked perfectly for me. This is about the fifth time over the years I have had to move dishes around to accommodate trees.

Time for an upgrade!

Taken care of!

I was on the Western setup until yesterday with Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a separate dish for 61.5. My locals are off 110 and trees are starting to block out the spot where the dish 500 is looking. I have no way of sighting 129 and when the trees finally leaf out I will, loose 110 and 119 at that dish location. Dish came out and set up a Eastern arc 1000.4 for my main setup. On the opposite side of the yard I have a nice LOS above the tree line located 100 feet away. Then a separate dish was placed 10 feet from the 1000.4 for my locals on 110. For the 110 LOS I have a little slot through the trees about 50 feet away that should be there for a few years. Worked perfectly for me. This is about the fifth time over the years I have had to move dishes around to accommodate trees.

***EDIT*** You could probably find a DIRT rep to help with interesting installation solutions if anyone is in this same situation. Just realized you said it already happened. Things like this can be a little difficult, and my team and I are prepped to handle these situations fairly easily, plus save you a phone call.

Two words. CHAIN SAW.

Dull spoon. Not sure why, but it seems like it would be more fun to watch, at least for the first few minutes. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts