Another 622 Upgrade question: What'll It Cost?

Warren

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I've been lurking here a lot, and I've been considering upgrading from a 942 to a 622. Even more now that I lost my CBS HD east coast feed! With the 622 I believe I could get my HD locals in Seattle, plus I get them from antenna, so I could theoretically record two HD local signals at once? I'm pretty used to recording or watching the east coast HD from CBS and recording what I want from antenna later on ABC, Fox, NBC, etc.....
If this is correct, what will the change in my bill be? I have the 120 plus locals now, and the HD package I pay for yearly. My monthly bill is $56.42 now (which does not include the HD package) with an extra receiver fee (811 in daughter's room is considered primary).
Best I can figure, it will basically go up $21 a month (not considering HD package I paid for in advance) with the HD silver package and $6 a month lease fee? Or will I get nailed for an extra fee I'm not paying now?
I assume also that I'll pay $199 for the upgrade, and get $100 off for turning in the leased 942?
Just trying to figure what my end cost will be before I call the CSR!
Also, if I get the HD platinum package, don't they waive the DVR fee?
And any possibility they'll make me a better deal since I just lost my distant network (which I never paid a fee for)?
Thanks in advance for any sage advice!

If you have a 942, it should net out to be a "free" upgrade for you if you currently don't subscribe to one of the HD "metal" packs.

$199 upgrade fee
-$100 back for trading in the 942
-$10 for 10 months (upgrade to HD metal package)

Subscribing to the PlatinumHD package does waive the DVR fees. I have 2 DVRs with the PlatinumHD package and don't get those fees charged.

Thanks for the reply!
So, can anyone tell me if I can actually record HD locals off the satellite while recording HD locals off antenna? That would be a nice advantage over the 942.

Yes, you can. Just like the 942 the 622 has 2 satellite tuners and 1 OTA tuner. They can be used in any combination of watching live and recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)