another 811 issue

Duckboy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I am able to tolerate the dark video output, several hours of guide information, and other 811 inconveniences. What I cannot come to terms with, are the intermittent fraction of a second video freezes that I get when watching any kind of sports, or action sequences, that are moving quickly. I would call them video hiccups, blips, stutters, or any of the like. I have witnessed them continually on dvi output, component output, and s-video on two different t.v.'s. I have no such occurrences with my 508 receiver on either hd capable t.v. It does not matter whether I am watching HD, OTA HD, or SD. I have tried setting up a fan blowing on the 811 thinking that heat may be causing the blips, but that did not work either. The most frustrating part is that this is my second 811. Sure the second 811 seems a bit brighter through the dvi and component outputs on SD, from the first, but it does not solve the video blips that are beginning to drive me nuts. I am wondering if anyone else out there with an 811 has experience a similar issue. I am to the point where I am so disgusted with Dish I am considering Direct TV. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts