Superdish Horror Story

A_Pac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
UPDATE : Superdish Not So Horror Story(anymore)

In parenthess below is the old post. Fri 13th (today) I got my superdish installed! I called (866-443-5162) like rjallen said to. They were extremly helpfull and rescudled me to a different retailer. My only problem is poor signal 35-45 range. It locks but every now and then doesnt work. Only other complaint is that none of my locals on my 2800 work. It can't see tp 9 at all for some reason. It says 0 singal. I got the dishpro adapter on it and locals work for my 301 and 510. Anyone know why they arn't working on my 2800? Installer said he would be back monday/tuesday to fix signal strenght

THANK YOU RJALLEN YOU ARE A LIFESAVER

((((11/15/03 - I call dish for superdish to get my locals (columbus, ohio) they say they can install 12/17/03
12/17/02 - Cancel and say 1/10/04
1/10/04 - cancel and say 1/27/04
1/27/04 - cancel and say 1/28/04 (got 6inches snow, acceptable)
1/28/04 - no one shows, no one calls
1/29/04 - after no one shows, i call they say will call tommarow to schdueld
1/30/04 - no one calls
2/2/04 - i call the superdish person whos supposed to install and they say earlierest they can is MARCH!

this is starting to get old. i can install the dish myself, i got the cables already ran due to legacy dish500. anyone know why the delays? my local reception is horrible on OTA and i really wanted to watch superbowl in half decent quality

one time i called to get reschudle and they told me i didnt need superdish :( dumb csr's my locals are on 105 btw))))

My mother-in-law called the same day her locals went active (back in November of '03), and got scheduled for an install of Superdish on March 30, 2004. God help them if they don't show and start trying to pull stunts like that on her.

Anyhow, sorry about the problems you've been having. From all I've read, you're not alone, not that it helps to know that...

Good luck!

aperry said:
My mother-in-law called the same day her locals went active (back in November of '03), and got scheduled for an install of Superdish on March 30, 2004. God help them if they don't show and start trying to pull stunts like that on her.

Anyhow, sorry about the problems you've been having. From all I've read, you're not alone, not that it helps to know that...

Good luck!
He's not. No need to ramble, what he said.

A Pac
I understand.:no

Went through something similiar with SuperDish. Suggest you call 866-443-5162. Its executive level CSR. They deal with your type of aggravated problems. I had good luck through them.

Good luck

Rick

If I were you I would go get DirecTv. See if Dish offers you something for all the trouble you been through (a lot of times they dont) and then get rid of it. That is what I would do if I was not getitng my locals when others are getting them.

Executive CSR told me they badly misforecast the distribution needs for the two types of Superdish (like an east and west version) they are making. So they are scarce as hens teeth. That's why you are getting jerked around.

For what it's worth, I'm going through the same dam thing ... December delayed to February delayed to March.

Like I believe March will happen.

Well, it was just a whim, getting locals. It's not like there's anything I WANT to watch on CBS/NBC/ABC. I was looking forward to PBS again. And I miss local news. But they are the ones losing out (Dish, that is). I don't think they do this stuff just to torture us.

I keep telling myself, growing pains, Dish growing pains.

AcuraCL said:
Executive CSR told me they badly misforecast the distribution needs for the two types of Superdish (like an east and west version) they are making. So they are scarce as hens teeth. That's why you are getting jerked around.
Yeah. It's hard to imagine that people who don't have locals would want them. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I'm anticipating this next week when Ft Wayne gets turned on. Installed the OTA antenna last night. One of my local dealers said that they have some, but they are for new installs. They don't have any separate SD.

DirecTV doesn't offer locals yet, but if the wait will be 2, 3, or 4 (or more even) months for a SD, I'll flip E* the bird and switch as hopefully D* will have them then (pending the launch of 7S and FCC approval of the 72.5 bird's usage).

It's ridiculous to do what E* is doing. And from what the rumors are, it sounds like it's not just SD...but the entire supply chain drying up on equipment.

If Dish did not expect this many people to take the SuperDish then why did they release it in the first place?

ALL DISH INVENTORY is in SHORT supply. They have totally missmanaged their product supply. I wish this poor handling could get back to the stock analysts they might see ECHOSTAR/DISH in a new light.

boba said:
ALL DISH INVENTORY is in SHORT supply. They have totally missmanaged their product supply. I wish this poor handling could get back to the stock analysts they might see ECHOSTAR/DISH in a new light.
Usually short supply= too much business..wall street should be happy

When does Dish report sub numbers? It will be interesting to see if they have had an explosion of new customers causing the shortage or if it was mismanagement of the supply chain...

Location Location Location

Stargazer said:
If Dish did not expect this many people to take the SuperDish then why did they release it in the first place?

It wasn't so much that they didn't expect so many, as so many in particular regions. Like I said, they indicated there are 2 different versions of the Superdish, an East and West version. They have too many of one and not enough of the other (so they tell me).

For example, I'm on the East Coast and keep getting delayed. Anyone out there on the West Coast not able to get a Superdish?

I had my SuperDish installed on January 8 after numerous missed appointments and phone calls. The original date was Dec 1 2003. Here is what I found out talking with executive CSR, the local contract hub and others.

I suspect this may apply to other areas but I know its valid for northern Montana and Idaho and eastern Washington.

Originally all local stations [small market] were to be on 105. E* started producing the LNBFs for 105, 110 and 119 SuperDish. It was found, due to low power and sat. footprint, many markets in northern US on the edge of E* broadcast footprint had problems with PQ, line of site and signal strength with the 105 sat. E* changed many of the local markets to, I believe, 121 sat. The problem is: many SuperDishes for the 105 sat and very few for the 121 sat. The dishes can not be modified in the field from one sat to the other. Compounding this is the fact that many contractors and retailers were shipped the 105 SuperDishes and they have been slow to return them. E* started big time production of the 121 SuperDishes but that slowed production of the 105 dishes. So now, both 105 and 121 dishes are in short supply. Also, as said above, E* did not anticipate the demand for SuperDish/ locals.

My first install date was missed because the contract hub had only 105 dishes and needed 121 dishes. E* made the decision [at least in this market] to keep our locals on 105 and mirror them on 121. New installs got the 121 dish. Since E* was so far behind with the local market installs, E* authorized the local contractors to go ahead and install 105 dishes at locations were the installer can get a lock. I was lucky, we got a lock around 65 signal strength- barely adequate. According to the installer, his company has put up over 1000 such installs. In the next month or two, when supply of 121 SuperDishes normalizes, E* will pay the contractor to return and install the 121 dish eventually switching all current 105 customers to the 121 sat.

While E* is not blameless in this mess, they are trying to keep up with their promises. The cost of my free sat install will double for E*as they return and put up the new dish.

My installer told me on the 29th of January- I finally got my long awaited 811- 121 SuperDishes are now coming in and all installs in the Montana, Idaho area would be getting the 121 dishes from now on. Still no idea when they would be back to exchange my dish.

BTW, this poor guy has be working 10-14 hour days for 10 to 14 days at a stretch between an off day. He said the typical 105 install was a nightmare taking much longer than a typical Dish 500 setup. He hopes the 121 installs will be easier.

Rick

rjallen said:
I had my SuperDish installed on January 8 after numerous missed appointments and phone calls. The original date was Dec 1 2003. Here is what I found out talking with executive CSR, the local contract hub and others.

Rick

Thanks a lot for that update RJ. That seems to confirm what I was told but added a lot more detail, which is good to know.

I have had no problems ordering the SuperDishes myself but problems with reimbursement at times so I chose not to order any until I get my reimbursement or if someone is willing to pay the price to have one put in and even at that rate I am making nothing taking the chance of getting paid to actually make something.

re state from orignal post

locals arnt working on 2800 reciver but work on 510 and 301. 2800 has dishpro adapter but cant see tp 9 at all. other reciver see it fine and locks on it

Only other complaint is that none of my locals on my 2800 work. It can't see tp 9 at all for some reason. It says 0 singal. I got the dishpro adapter on it and locals work for my 301 and 510. Anyone know why they arn't working on my 2800? Installer said he would be back monday/tuesday to fix signal strenght

You might want to check with Executive CSR I am not sure the DishPro adapter will work with your 2800. See if your locals are in the 7000-9000. My locals are mirrored there as well as in the 2-99 range.

The SuperDish is very sensitive to line of sight and it must be absolutely level with the proper skew.

I was getting a very low signal strength on some transponders. Others were ok. Cut down one tree and signal strength went sky-high. :p

Glad everything is working out.

Rick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts