Superdish Horror Story

There is hope

Just a note to people out there that there is hope, maybe, in some cases. I was fully expecting my DMA (Ft Wayne) to be in just as short supply as everywhere else. I called first thing Thursday (2/12) morning and got an install date for the next day (2/13). That subsequently was canceled since the installer claimed they didn't have a DP adapter. After talking to Dish to reschedule my appointment for 3/20, I called again and got it bumped up to 2/14 (which magically opened up...thank you god btw). I told them I would just drop my 2800 and only have my 301.

I visited the installer on 2/13 to confirm my appointment and make sure that they did indeed have the SD. At that time, I mentioned them not having and DP adapters. After they figured out what I was talking about, one of the sales lady said "Oh, so that's what these 2 boxes are for". They had two all along. Actually it turned out that these were the only 2 in the city. :)

After verifying with their management that they did indeed have something they weren't suppose to have, I got my SD installed w/ an adapter this morning...2 days after locals were available. I don't know why my area was lucky. Maybe we had been stockpiling them for the past 2 months. Maybe we were just lucky. Several cities around us have gone up, and several more are slated to go up soon. Maybe the shortage is localized to everywhere except here.

Hope this gives just a little glimmer of hope to people out there...maybe your situation won't be as bad as others...or maybe not.

Dishnetwork has got SuperDishes in inventory, and plenty of them. However Inventory is so tight now Dishnetwork and their retailers are giving Priority to new installations for new customers and are putting existing customers on a waiting list.

Take the 811 Fiasco for example, if your an existing customer Dish is making you wait 4-5 even 6 weeks to get product out to your home. However if your a new customer, getting new service they will have it installed within a week

is it satilite 105 tp 9 where my locals are. locals shows up on the 7200 range as well as the mapped numbers. but both dont work. today it says getting 40-45 and locked on tp9 sat 105 but channels still arnt working. work on other tvs still

rjallen - the dish is mounted 20ft up and aboslulty nothing in its way. i called and installer said he will be back monday/tuesday to fix it

buckeyenut - actully it was a company from delaware. i live in ne columbus
740-362-2489
clear sky communications
49 N. Sandusky Street
Delaware, OH 43015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)