Another bang up Tech Support Chat DIRT Please Help

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
I just made the mistake of thinking I could have a simple and intelligent Tech Support Chat with Dish Network being as though I just need my remote replaced. Below is the transcript. Any help from a DIRT Member would be greatly appreciated. I tried a PM to Mary but when I hit submit it was like nothing happened so I am trying this way.

Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Hi, my name is Ronnie (ID: ZCV). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : My 20.0 IR remote for TV1 on my 722 is no longer operational and needs to be replaced.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue with remote. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Can you please describe exactly what is on the television screen now? If there is an on screen message, please include the 3 digit number found in the top right corner.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : Receiver and Channels are fine, remote no power new batteries, no lights, batteries installed properly
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Have you experienced any severe weather, moved any of the equipment, or noticed any other changes that may have caused this problem?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : seriously?, weather? no the remote is just dead and needs replaced
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Chaz, We can troubleshoot and fix the issue.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): How long have you had this problem?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : Today and no WE cannot. Sorry Ronnie I do not have time for this with you goodbye.
chat_alert.png
You have disconnected.

To anyone who may believe I gave up too soon, please understand that I have had many conversations just like the one above and once it begins this way it never gets any better. Thanks again.

That's the way it always works. No good help when you need. I understand they have a transcript but seriously understand the situation and react accordingly, otherwise you just come of looking well stupid. I mean weather?, seriously did they just say that? lol

Yeah, sad that about 95% of the conversations I have had with the tech support chat personal went along the same lines. I have given up on it but again thought would be safe since it was just a remote replacement, but that's what I get.

Why not spend 20 on a new remote its not that big of a deal. Walmart has them for cheap.

Why not spend 20 on a new remote its not that big of a deal. Walmart has them for cheap.

Well that just might be more ridiculous a suggestion than a csr asking me about severe weather causing my remote to no longer function. There is no way at all that I will ever do that and I cannot believe I am even dignifying your reply with a response. I really must be off tonight.

I just made the mistake of thinking I could have a simple and intelligent Tech Support Chat with Dish Network being as though I just need my remote replaced. Below is the transcript. Any help from a DIRT Member would be greatly appreciated. I tried a PM to Mary but when I hit submit it was like nothing happened so I am trying this way.

Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Hi, my name is Ronnie (ID: ZCV). How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : My 20.0 IR remote for TV1 on my 722 is no longer operational and needs to be replaced.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue with remote. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Can you please describe exactly what is on the television screen now? If there is an on screen message, please include the 3 digit number found in the top right corner.
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : Receiver and Channels are fine, remote no power new batteries, no lights, batteries installed properly
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Have you experienced any severe weather, moved any of the equipment, or noticed any other changes that may have caused this problem?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : seriously?, weather? no the remote is just dead and needs replaced
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): Chaz, We can troubleshoot and fix the issue.
chat_agent.png
Ronnie (ID: ZCV): How long have you had this problem?
chat_enduser_message.png
Chaz : Today and no WE cannot. Sorry Ronnie I do not have time for this with you goodbye.
chat_alert.png
You have disconnected.

To anyone who may believe I gave up too soon, please understand that I have had many conversations just like the one above and once it begins this way it never gets any better. Thanks again.
Call...Ask....no DEMAND to speak to advanced technical support. This should get you to a US Based call center.

Believe me, I have done that more than a couple times for other situations. Problem is, I really do not feel like talking on the phone and having to go to advanced tech support for a stupid remote. I really prefer not actually speaking to them as they usually cause my blood pressure to raise which causes my voice to raise which causes me to wake my sleeping family. lol At this point I am in a holding pattern waiting for a DIRT member who can actually take care of this simple issue.

DIRT Saves the day again!!!! Thank you Mary. She has taken care of the problem like we knew she would. :)

I actually try to keep a couple of spare remotes around. I can switch to a backup until I get around to dealing with dish to send a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am sorry, I have been logged in but answering e-mails and PM's all day so far. As soon as he sent me a PM it showed up but have not had time to montior the threads today. Hey tomorrow is a new day!! Glad I was able to help! Have a good night everyone!

dishcomm said:
Call...Ask....no DEMAND to speak to advanced technical support. This should get you to a US Based call center.

Nope it won't. Their are outsourced advanced tech agents. Most o which aren't actually bad. You only hear about the bads. Which is kinda sad. Although I will say when you guys get a great agent you talk about them too.

Here's a stupid question for the OP. Why the heck didn't you just go through Dirt to begin with?????

I guess because (per his 1st sentence)
I just made the mistake of thinking I could have a simple and intelligent Tech Support Chat with Dish Network being as though I just need my remote replaced.

Iceberg you are correct sir, but rest assured I will not make the same mistake again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)