Another Config Question (wiring)

herzzreh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I want to connect 3 receivers to an SW42 switch and two sats.

119+110
| |
|SW42|
| |----------|322 INPUT 1|
|
|splitter|----------|322 INPUT 2|
|
|--------------|311 INPUT|

I realize that the second satellite feed would not have independent viewing between 322/2 and 311, but that is fine with me.

Can this be done?

Note: I have to use legancy LNBs so any of the DishPro stuff is out of the question.

You could get an sw 44 switch, these are desgined for 2 sats in and 4 tvs, I dont like the sw64 switchs due to theyr fragile nature, but for the cost of the switch you could get a dishpro plus twin either off of ebay or from dishstore.net.

GO with a DPP 44 plus switch get a couple separators and change out your lnb's so they are DP, might cost some now, but more reliable for a 5 tuner setup

Dish Dude said:
GO with a DPP 44 plus switch get a couple separators and change out your lnb's so they are DP, might cost some now, but more reliable for a 5 tuner setup

I can't really change my LNBs because there are (as far as I know) that are designed for/fit regular 1m offset dishes.

Original poster is in Alaska so he needs 2 separate dishes...So he has to use Legacy equipment....DishPro doesn't work unless he modifies the dish bracket

Dish Dude said:
sorry didn't see that

go sioux or flickertails, whatever they are going to be called now
It's OK - that tidbit is not in this thread, and the OP didn't bother to add the all-important (especially for Alaska/Hawaii) location to his profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts