Another day of no Dishnetwork Uplink Activity

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
Yet another day! With just a little over 2 months left in the year, Dish better get on the ball if they're going to make 150 National HD channels and 100 HD Local markets by the end of the year. I hope I'm wrong; but I just don't see it happening. It seems like Dish is more worried about the EA right now than anything else. What a shame that they focus on one part of their customer base, while ignoring the other. In my area(Missouri), most is being converted over to EA(St. Louis,Jeff City,KC, Joplin), yet the 3rd largest city in the state(Springfield) is overlooked. Most of us outside of Springfield cannot receive most of the locals OTA because of the hilly terrain, yet Dish refuses to offer HD locals! Directv has them! Dish actually told me that they were in negotiations with those stations to carry them in HD. They have to negotiate to get something thats already provided to them with the SD feed? Get real. The Springfield stations thought that was funny! According to them, its a Dish Issue and has nothing to do with them. Dish isn't even fighting over pennies this time, they just don't want to carry them. When Dec. 31st rolls around, Dish had better come thru on these promises or Directv will get a new sub as a late Christmas gift! It's no wonder why their churn is so high!

... yet Dish refuses to offer HD locals! Directv has them! Dish actually told me that they were in negotiations with those stations to carry them in HD. They have to negotiate to get something thats already provided to them with the SD feed? Get real. The Springfield stations thought that was funny! According to them, its a Dish Issue and has nothing to do with them. Dish isn't even fighting over pennies this time, they just don't want to carry them. ...
Don't let your stations snow you. Analog carriage deals are separate from digital carriage deals. Lots of station owners (eg. Sinclair, Lin, Hearst) have demanded cash payments for carriage of their digital signals. When Dish says they're negociating, it's true. Both sides are playing hardball.

Well, I expect December to be the hot month for new national HD. They are busy working on Eastern Arc right now so I think not much happening on the National stage.
Bill

Don't let your stations snow you. Analog carriage deals are separate from digital carriage deals. Lots of station owners (eg. Sinclair, Lin, Hearst) have demanded cash payments for carriage of their digital signals. When Dish says they're negociating, it's true. Both sides are playing hardball.
Exactly M. If I owned a tv station that had a large rural audience, I would jump at the chance to get my hd signal on satellite. For free! If we got a list of their advertisers advised them of the holdup, I bet it would help.

I find this whole carriage business to be patantly absurd. My opion is that it s the content we should be talking about rather than the technology to deliver it. I guess the stations realize their content is mostly mindless BS so they want to get paid more to allow the satellite/cable providers to deliver it in HD.

I guess they're too dumb to realize in a few years (maybe sooner) HD will be the standard and what passes for SD now will be considered low resolution barely watchable junk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts