This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Another DPP44 question

FredC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hello again!

Will a DPP44 work with a Dish 500 w/a Quad LNB ? I know Iceberg said it would, and I should trust him, but Dish told me it would not, I have to change the LNB to a DPPtwin. Are they correct, or are they just trying to get me to spend $300.00 (all parts & install) . I'm good enough to install a DPP44 and normally could even change the LNB, but got hurt at work & can't climb!

Please, don't be upset about my questioning , but I've gotten so many different answers, each one costs more $, I don't know what to do. All I want to do is add a 625 to my system using one feed. I have a 522 (2 feeds) a 508 and 510, one feed each.

Thanks for the help! Fred

If it's a DP quad, yes it will work. (that's what I am using)

I also had a DP Quad feeding a DPP44 switch with no problems. I now have a DP Twin because I may sell the Quad but yes it should work.

A DP Quad will work fine. Just use ports 1 & 2 to feed the switch. A DP Twin would work too.

The DPP Twin would be a stupid choice in your configuration.

Here's your earlier questions. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=802589#post802589

If Iceberg says something, you could bet your pay check on it.
But if you are getting wet and Dish says it's raining, you should still look up and see. But they're still learning and getting better.

What you want to do is on Page 11:
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...des/DISH_Pro_Quad_LNBF_Installation_Guide.pdf
Just ignore the 3rd satellite signal, and use a DPP44 instead of the DP34.

Per Page 4 and 5, you must connect either Ports 1 & 2; or Ports 3 and 4, to the DPP44. However, I believe I have read where someone said they had a problem using one pair instead of the other; but according to the manual, either pair will work, you just cannot use one cable from each pair when going to a switch.

As Iceberg said, with the DP Quad and the DPP44, you can feed upto 6 receivers.
After feeding the DPP44, the DP Quad can feed either 2 single or 1 dual tuner receivers.
Then the DPP44 can feed 4 receivers; either single tuners, or dual tuners with a DPP Separator.

Edit: I don't think this will be an issue for you, but I believe the distance from the Dish to the DPP44, plus the DPP44 to the 625, can not be more than 200 feet total.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way, without going on the roof and looking on the LNB, to figure which feeds you are using?

Run a "Check Switch" on each receiver and see what it says. I think it will have a number by the LNBF which represents the Ports.

But I don't have a Quad to test.

I don't know if this is revelant, as my question was pertaining(sp) to a dp34, I was having trouble with my dp34 switch, quad w/1&2 to the switch, webbydude said I should have either1&4 or 2&3 to the switch.

I do not know if this also applies to a dpp44 switch, but I am going to pm him & ask him to comment

Jordan

My personal experience has shown when using a DP Quad with a switch, you have to either use the inside or outside pairs (1&4 or 2&3) when connecting to a switch.

(Thanks for the PM Jordan. I *just* got in the door from a bone-freezing day installing...LOL)

I remember seeing that post awhile back, and I think there may have been someone else saying something did not work either.

Well FredC,

You have several choices:
- Either what the book says,
- What some of the techs say,
- And what the CSR says (but they aren't techs).

ALL HAIL DISH TECH'S : !!!! I beg forgiveness from you all, for I don't know what the heck I'm doing . the Tech's who install this stuff everyday know whats up. The CSR may be trying to be helpful, but may not know. Thats how I bought a leased receiver on E-Bay after Dish told me it was clean (they transposed the last 2 numbers ) At least I'm getting a refund through PayPal and Dish is trying to make me happy.

I really appriciate all of your help, and promise never to question you guys again! I'll be looking for a DPP44 and trying to install it soon.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!

When I had a DP Quad going to two DP34s, I used ports 1 and 2 for one switch and ports 3 and 4 for the other switch.

I have this same configuration and it works fine. I use a DP Quad ports 1 and 2 to ports 1 and 2 of the DPP44. I have not had a single issue in over a year with this setup. You can also use ports 3 and 4 of the DP quad to feed additional receivers but obviously, only with the 119/110 feeds.