Another DVI-HDMI Issue with 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lbickley

Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Just when I thought everything was going to be OK... My JVC 52" HD-52Z585 & 921 are having problems. There are times when I turn the two devices on (in no specific order), and there's no picture through the digital-in input (HDMI), but I can hear the audio from the 921 playing on my receicer... It takes a hard boot of the 921 to get the picture back. Meanwhile, I'm looking at a black screen. Have used 2 DVI-HDMI cables from different manufacturers and get the same problem.

I'm just about ready to scrap the DVI-HDMI connection and go back to component. At least it worked without having to hard boot the 921 numerous times a week. :(

Bummer... Anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?

Called E* and spoke with "advanced" support (a joke). The guy I spoke with recommended I call in on the next Charlie Chat or Tech Forum. Then admitted that even though he was an "advanced engineer", he didn't know anything about HDMI, or if the 921 would even interface through a DVI to HDMI cable! I had him submit a report, but he told me point blank that no one would be calling me back.

I'm beginning to wonder why I paid $1000 for this thing... Especially when technical support isn't up on what technologies are out in the marketplace...

Amen -
I am having all kinds of trouble with the 921. I think I might go cable. I turn it on and get all the lights on the receiver but no picture, no sound. I reset the receiver but no picture, no sound (a black screen). I go to the signal page and get the signal, check the switch - all OK.. Back to the screen - no picture, no sound. Check all the cables - same. I call Tech service and it did come up while they were on the line but then later it goes down again and I cannot get a picture or sound. It is driving me crazy. Meanwhile the TV in the second room is working fine but my 57" cannot stay connected to the dish. Why did I spend 1000 for something that is so bad.

I'm a former E* sub that converted to D*. I have their HTL-HD which is their standard HD receiver. My 30" Sony widescreen has HDMI in place of the DVI port, so my cable is backwards from what yall have to do. I have never heard of this kind of problem with the connection. HDMI is new, but it isn't brand spanking new. I'm surprised an "advanced engineer" doesn't know what it is. Especially for something that is $1000 I would call E* and raise big hell to get it fixed or replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)