Another HDMI bites the dust. Just had to biatch.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dodged the bullet that others have fallen prey to since the VIP622 came out. I have had the same VIP622 since the first month it was offered.

But today it died. :mad:

RIP.

You think Dish will replace it free?

I think I read that my external hard drive recordings can be used on the new DVR.

Or do I need to search for other solutions/splitter? (I had to use the component outputs to watch TV. They were previously hooked up to my slingbox solo and then from slingbox solo split to HDTV in bedroom)

Wow, you actually owned a DISH receiver that the HDMI worked on! Lucky!

Component only since day one...

from my understanding, External hard drives are now tied to your account and not your receiver, so there shouldnt be a problem swapping it out.

My HDMI went this past Tuesday. I had my 622 since Dec 06, with no problems. I will lose a few items recorded, but no major loss. The new receiver arrived yesterday ($14.95 for shipping to return old receiver because out of warranty). I'll hook it up Sunday sometime after watching what I can't replace on the DVR.

I unhooked my component cables from my DVD and am using those for the present time.

bobinchico - If you want to save the recordings then just activate the external hard drive feature ($40) and transfer to that then you can view from your new receiver.

I've been reading these threads for a while now and one thing I've noticed is apparently the HDMI output on the 622 has some real problems. I can't see how use of the HDMI connection can be mandated to watch HD content when so many HDMI ports are not functional. I don't think E* would be too receptive to replacing a large number of receivers to correct the HDMI issue when component works just fine. We will have to wait and see how this plays out.

I tried calling tech support last weekend and they gave me this big thing about how it was a known software problem and that we can't do anything about it except to use component cables. Should I call again and try to get them to send me a new box to get the hdmi cable working? We had it hooked up with component cables until just recently and I wanted it to be hdmi now.
Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts