Another HR20-700 update tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.
just did force download and only found 0x0120 will try again in a hour
last night i got 0x0128

The window starts at 23:00EST. The new code is in the stream but has not be set up to allow for a forced download. Try again after the window opens.

How Do I get Updates?

OK, I am still a newbie to this stuff, but How Do I get Updates? Does my HR-20 eventually download the stuff in the middle of the night? Do I have to tell it to download? Do I have to connect it to some ethernet?

OK, I am still a newbie to this stuff, but How Do I get Updates? Does my HR-20 eventually download the stuff in the middle of the night? Do I have to tell it to download? Do I have to connect it to some ethernet?

If you want the 'official' software that D* sends to the HR20 you don't need to do anything, your HR20 will automatically download and install if for you in the middle of the night.

However, if you want to get this early release software, when the window is open (11PM to 2:30AM EST on the specified days) you need to press the red button to start the reboot process. When you get the very first welcome screen enter 0 2 4 6 8 (don't press enter) on that screen and the box will download the new code. If you have problems with the new code and want to go back to the old just do the same process again and it will reload the current production code.

If you do have a problem with the new code, DO NOT call DirecTV about it, the CSR's know nothing about this, but go to www.dbstalk.com and in the thread for that specific software version report the problem with as much detail as you can. Basically, you're going to be beta testing for D* to help get the code fixed to eliminate some of the problems. A side benefit is that sometimes a new feature, such as the OTA or ViiV support is in theses new downloads so you get a chance to play with them before anyone that isn't doing this.

how do I get the update

Reread this thread. There's a post earlier that says how to subscribe on another site to be notified when a new software download window opens up. Then in the reponse just before your posts says how to force a download. For more HR20 info you might want to check over at www.dbstalk.com since that's the hot bed site for HR20 info at the moment.

The update is national

Looks like the 12a update went national last night/this morning... lots of folks are reporting that it was downloaded early this morning on dbstalk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.