Another lLD in DC Area WIAV ch. 58 (PSIP) 44 (actual)

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I discovered another low power digital outlet in the DC area that had escaped my notice before. it seems t be foreign language programming and the picture is often out of synch at least for me.

I have only rarely seen their video work properly since they signed on some months ago. I don't know what they're doing wrong but whatever it is, it's very, very wrong. And I don't understand how they could have let it go this long.

- Trip

My guess is that, as you say, it has been there fora fe months but I never got signal lock before. Some low power stations do not seem all that interested in providing a usable signal.

I am curious though as to why they would bother with having PSIP show Channel 58. They might as well start out as Ch. 44 .

My guess is that, as you say, it has been there fora fe months but I never got signal lock before. Some low power stations do not seem all that interested in providing a usable signal.
agreed there.

I am curious though as to why they would bother with having PSIP show Channel 58. They might as well start out as Ch. 44 .
wiki says they originally were on 58
In the mid-1990s, the station, which originally had the call letters W58BR, became a Network One N1 affiliate, offering entertainment that included music videos, out-of-town public-access television cable TV programming, and late night B-Movies.

agreed there.

wiki says they originally were on 58
In the mid-1990s, the station, which originally had the call letters W58BR, became a Network One N1 affiliate, offering entertainment that included music videos, out-of-town public-access television cable TV programming, and late night B-Movies.

Understood but why upon the return do they need to uasea different number? I see why a station that has been on the air for years ata certain position wants to still brand themselves a the old number but why not just the OTA number for a new statio n if is not otherwise in use?

Not really responsive but I suspect we will not get anywhere.

The FCC rules says you use your analog channel number. WIAV-LD isn't a new station, its analog was on 58. Therefore, no matter how long it was off the air, when it signed back on, it was supposed to be 58-1. (And, legally, a station isn't supposed to be off the air for more than a year at a time anyway, though it does happen all the time.) I'm not sure where it is you want to go that we're not getting to.

If the law says the speed limit is 35 MPH, just because you were issued a new driver's license doesn't mean you can now go 65 MPH on that road. The law still applies.

- Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)