another old equipment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
I Have a 942 and a 508 for receivers. I keep getting hate mail from Dish about updgrading my one receiver the 942. I belive it is an mpeg2 receiver??? They say in jan of 2010 my 942 will not longer work??? what are my options I own my equipment I have an older dish outside like a legacy 500?? I have a dp34 switch box in the house to make the 942 work. What newer receiver will work with my equiment I already have that is mpeg 4?? I don't want to pay dish anymore per month to rent a receiver from them. I have had 4 or 5 receivers since I have been a dish customer and bough and sold every one I have owned and never had a bad one yet I guess I'm lucky. so long story short what is the best option. Oh I do have an HD TV to run the 942 on. I get my local hd's for free from an off air antenna through the current 942 I have now. thanks for reading......:)

Your 942 probably won't make it to 2010 it is a victim of the TiVo law suit and must be discontinued.Call 800-333-3474 and get their current offer and if you like it accept it if you don't, well you may have to go shopping again for a second HD DVR.

Dish swapped out my owned 942 to a 722 for free, no committment. The 722 became a leased unit. Kept the 942 - use it to record OTA.

How did you manage that. I called them them the first "hate mail" I received and they wanted to charge me a monthly fee on top of the other dvr fees I pay.

Really. O won My 942 and pay a DVR fee. Huummm Maybe I should call up and see what they have to offer now. Last time I called to injuire about this was in August and I was talking to Gandi. I wish the call center was here in the US Hate talking to someone that you can not understand and vise versa! Which is better 722 or 622?

722 more HD space and it is black. They will offer you a 622. I got lucky the tech brought out a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)