Another prewire install question

omarc

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
New here, hopefully someone can assist.
I am moving to a new house this week. The house has 5 cable outlets with 5 cables leading outside. I plan to switch from Directv to Dish because I do not want the installer to drill holes in the outside walls to run the 2nd tuner cable.

My HD setup is downstairs, with 2 SD sets upstairs. Will I be able to get 1 622 and have the second output feed both upstairs TV's with my current wiring setup.

omarc said:
New here, hopefully someone can assist.
I am moving to a new house this week. The house has 5 cable outlets with 5 cables leading outside. I plan to switch from Directv to Dish because I do not want the installer to drill holes in the outside walls to run the 2nd tuner cable.

My HD setup is downstairs, with 2 SD sets upstairs. Will I be able to get 1 622 and have the second output feed both upstairs TV's with my current wiring setup.

Yes, with the use of diplexers - provided the wiring is RG6 rated to at least 2150 MHz.

omarc said:
Are diplexers included with a standard install?

DNSC does - that is if the installer has any. I see lots of people using them when not neccessary, then when they really need them, they don't have any.

As far as retailers/contractors, I'm not sure.

As a contractor, it's up to my discretion to use diplexers or not. In most cases, I've found it's to my (and the customer's) benefit to use them. It provides a cleaner install...not to mention I don't have to hassle with wallfishing the TV#2 outlet in a newer/finished ceiling home. Granted, for a quality diplexer I shell out around $2/each...but it's well worth it.

Coming back to Dish... Help me answer a few questions.

Using old Voom dish for echostar 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)