Another prewire install question

• DIRECTV'S SATELLITE D11 at 99 DEGREES IS COMING BACK TO LIFE!

After 24 hours of being down the DIRECTV 11 Satellite is beginning to show signs of life again! Looks like this ordeal will soon be over! DIRECTV thanks you for your patience!!

For more details and updates as they happen from our CUTTING EDGE team please CLICK HERE

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omarc

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
New here, hopefully someone can assist.
I am moving to a new house this week. The house has 5 cable outlets with 5 cables leading outside. I plan to switch from Directv to Dish because I do not want the installer to drill holes in the outside walls to run the 2nd tuner cable.

My HD setup is downstairs, with 2 SD sets upstairs. Will I be able to get 1 622 and have the second output feed both upstairs TV's with my current wiring setup.

omarc said:
New here, hopefully someone can assist.
I am moving to a new house this week. The house has 5 cable outlets with 5 cables leading outside. I plan to switch from Directv to Dish because I do not want the installer to drill holes in the outside walls to run the 2nd tuner cable.

My HD setup is downstairs, with 2 SD sets upstairs. Will I be able to get 1 622 and have the second output feed both upstairs TV's with my current wiring setup.

Yes, with the use of diplexers - provided the wiring is RG6 rated to at least 2150 MHz.

omarc said:
Are diplexers included with a standard install?

DNSC does - that is if the installer has any. I see lots of people using them when not neccessary, then when they really need them, they don't have any.

As far as retailers/contractors, I'm not sure.

As a contractor, it's up to my discretion to use diplexers or not. In most cases, I've found it's to my (and the customer's) benefit to use them. It provides a cleaner install...not to mention I don't have to hassle with wallfishing the TV#2 outlet in a newer/finished ceiling home. Granted, for a quality diplexer I shell out around $2/each...but it's well worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)