Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I received my newest bill from Dish Network today and this is how it reads:

Leased Receiver Fee = $6.00
DVR Service fee = $5.98
Starz Pak = $11.99
DHP DishHD Silver W/locals = $69.99

I have a 622 and a 501 and I'm on the Digital home plan. All of my previous bills are listed the same way except they had a "HD promotion -$5 credit". This months bill does not list the credit for some reason. Does anyone know why?

The CSR told me because I'm on the Digital Home plan, that I have to pay a lease fee on both receivers because they were covered by a warranty. That's why my Silver package was $69.99. I've been with Dish for many years and this is the first time (that I've noticed), that I've payed a lease for both receivers. Does this sound right, or did I get another screwed up CSR?

I don't see but one lease fee on your bill. The $6.00 for the 622. THe DVR Service fee is standard on the 622 and is not a lease fee.. As far as your $5.00 credit for HD how long were you supposed to get them.. They are not forever..

You are correct oh wise one.. Didn't catch that part. Dish HD Silver should be 64.99 with locals.. Not sure why you are being charged $69.99. I have never seen them apply a lease fee in the programming price so something seems a bit fishy about this price. Your other fees are right on target. The lease fee is supposed to be waived on the first receiver as long as you have programming that qualifies. Which you seem to have.. So I don't know.. Maybe there is another Dish Guru out here that can explain that one better than me.

DHP In Home Service Plan

DHP includes the In Home Service Plan in your package price(5.00) this includes free service calls and reciver exchages. It is the best warranty that has ever been offered by Dish. Its part of your plan and no way to remove.

Here is the details:

IHSP covers most damage and surge damage. This coverage does not include customer damage, infestation, TVs or PocketDISH. It DOES include someone coming out to the home.

brian24740 said:
DHP includes the In Home Service Plan in your package price(5.00) this includes free service calls and reciver exchages. It is the best warranty that has ever been offered by Dish. Its part of your plan and no way to remove.

Its also listed separately on the bill as "DISH Home Protection" so is probably not the cause of the extra fee on the plan ....

Mine shows

DHA DishHD Gold w/Locals $74.99
Additional Receiver $6.00
Additional Receiver $5.00
HBO $14.99
DISH Home Protection $5.99

This is before they credit back the fee's for HD credits and Dhpp credits and HBO free months ... etc etc et

Even if they did charge the extra receiver fee - it should be listed separately on your bill I would guess ?

jokeworm said:
Its also listed separately on the bill as "DISH Home Protection" so is probably not the cause of the extra fee on the plan ....

Mine shows

DHA DishHD Gold w/Locals $74.99
Additional Receiver $6.00
Additional Receiver $5.00
HBO $14.99
DISH Home Protection $5.99

This is before they credit back the fee's for HD credits and Dhpp credits and HBO free months ... etc etc et

Even if they did charge the extra receiver fee - it should be listed separately on your bill I would guess ?

Wrong Jokeworm, you're thinking of the Digital Home Advantage while similar to the Digital Home Plan it is not the same. The plan you are referring to is the Digital Home Protection Plan and is not as good as the old In Home Service plan (IHSP). The IHSP completely covers the cost of a tech coming out to your home and doing trouble call work while with DHPP you have to pay $29 for a tech to come out.

So does anyone know if I can cancel my DHPP? And if I can cancel, is there any reason why I should not cancel. From what I have read in other post it looks like Dish will cover a defective receiver even if you do not have the plan.

smokey982 said:
So does anyone know if I can cancel my DHPP? And if I can cancel, is there any reason why I should not cancel. From what I have read in other post it looks like Dish will cover a defective receiver even if you do not have the plan.

You don't have DHPP, you have the IHSP and the only way to cancel that is to return your last DHP receiver which would be the 501. Frankly I would keep the plan as it is far better than DHPP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)