Showtime Free Prevew Weekend Oct 6-9

IIRC, the Showtime HD channel has never been included with these freeview weekends. And it appears that it will not be this time either, based on the info at the Dish webpage link. :rolleyes:

I have heard it is supposed to be up by Noon, however in the past they have waited until 5 pm to flip the switch.

I can already hear complaints about this free preview as at the moment I am looking at the guide data...

The shows the program title, then for information it shows "We hope you enjoy this free preview of Showtime. To upgrade call 1-866-SEE-4-FREE or visit dishnetwork.com/preview. For program info see channel 318"

People are going to be upset that the program info is not there as they will want to DVR things. But I think this is the best way they can do it.

Yup they are up. :)

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 10/06/2006 - 10 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 10/06/2006 09:50A - 10/06/2006 12:20P

288 - SHO-E - 119.0W TP 6 changed to Available
289 - SHO-W - 119.0W TP 8 changed to Available
290 - FLIX - 119.0W TP 19 changed to Available
291 - TMC-E - 119.0W TP 10 changed to Available
292 - TMCXE - 119.0W TP 10 changed to Available
293 - SHOCS - 110.0W TP 21 changed to Available
294 - SHOEX - 119.0W TP 10 changed to Available
295 - SBYND - 110.0W TP 11 changed to Available
296 - SUND - 119.0W TP 12 changed to Available
297 - SHOTO - 119.0W TP 19 changed to Available

Channels in the system: 3070

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have heard it is supposed to be up by Noon, however in the past they have waited until 5 pm to flip the switch.

I can already hear complaints about this free preview as at the moment I am looking at the guide data...

The shows the program title, then for information it shows "We hope you enjoy this free preview of Showtime. To upgrade call 1-866-SEE-4-FREE or visit dishnetwork.com/preview. For program info see channel 318"

People are going to be upset that the program info is not there as they will want to DVR things. But I think this is the best way they can do it.

They started doing this last year. I believe that preventing DVR recording is EXACTLY why they do it. You can set up manual timers, but it is painful.

I'm a bit surprised that they don't simply flip that "No recording" switch that is embedded in the stream instead.

jayn_j said:
I believe that preventing DVR recording is EXACTLY why they do it. You can set up manual timers, but it is painful.

The program title and start/end times are there, just not the program description. Setting up DVR events should be easy as usual. What am I missing?

Oh, also, I confirm no SHO-HD. :mad:

So when I'm watching ShowtimeHD (I have the AEP) I see the black bar pop up at the bottom 1/6th of the image advertising showtime... I hate free previews they ruin programming with scrolling phone numbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)