Showtime Anytime going away

ppappas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
San Jose, CA
Showtime Anytime is going away next month. Does that mean we won't be able to stream Showtime movies and series using our Dish credentials like we can now? The Showtime App and website don't provide that ability.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 164544.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 164544.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 82
To continue to watch online, you will have to pay $12.99 on Paramount+ with Showtime. So, you might be better off cancelling your Dish sub if you want streaming access.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Showtime Anytime is going away next month. Does that mean we won't be able to stream Showtime movies and series using our Dish credentials like we can now? The Showtime App and website don't provide that ability.

To continue to watch online, you will have to pay $12.99 on Paramount+ with Showtime. So, you might be better off cancelling your Dish sub if you want streaming access.
The big plus about that is, for the same price as just Showtime from a provider, you will still get two Live Feeds of Showtime, but now in 1080P/Dolby Digital+, a lot of the on demand shows/movies are in 4K/Atmos also.

Then you also get a live feed of CBS ( also in 1080P, NFL looks great Live, Super Bowl will also be on Paramount+ this season), you will get the majority of new CBS Broadcast/Viacom Cable Shows On Demand, also in 1080P, then the Paramount+ streaming shows and movies, most in 4K.

With all the other premium movie channels, you still get streaming access. Showtime's content and the ability to stream (even with the higher quality video and audio) is simply not compelling enough to pay almost triple to what I subscribe with Dish. I still renew the $5 discount every three months, although that may go away with Paramount+ calling the shots.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With all the other premium movie channels, you still get streaming access. Showtime's content and the ability to stream (even with the higher quality video and audio) is simply not compelling enough to pay almost triple to what I subscribe with Dish. I still renew the $5 discount every three months, although that may go away with Paramount+ calling the shots.
Showtime is worth it with Paramount+, but on it’s own, no, not even at $5.